About the Role
The successful candidate for the Scientist, Biophysics role will have a critical role in supporting Treeline’s drug discovery programs by collaborating closely with a cross-functional team of biology, structural biology, computational, and medicinal chemistry scientists to deliver high-quality results and impact small molecule drug discovery. Specifically, you will design and implement key biophysical and biochemical assays to screen and characterize protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions.
- Design and implement biophysical and biochemical assays to screen and characterize protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions.
- Develop, validate, and implement mass spectrometry analytical assays to support activities from hit identification through mechanism of action studies.
- Operate and maintain mass spectrometry and other biophysical instrumentation.
- Express and purify unlabeled and N15 labeled protein to support structural biology and small molecule drug discovery efforts.
- Analyze, interpret, and document data using an ELN and application specific software tools.
- Proactively explore and evaluate new technologies to implement into drug discovery pipeline.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of biology, structural biology, computational, and medicinal chemistry scientists to deliver high-quality results and impact small molecule drug discovery.
- Candidates must have a BS/MS in biochemistry, chemical biology, chemistry, or a related discipline with 6+ years of industry experience or a PhD with 1-3 years of industry experience.
- Possess hands-on experience developing analytical MS and LC/MS based methods on QTOF and TQMS instruments.
- Specific expertise in multiple MS modalities is required – intact mass analysis, peptide mapping, affinity-selection mass spectrometry (ASMS), hydrogen-deuterium exchange (HDX-MS).
- Previous experience developing protein-protein/protein-small molecule binding assays for drug discovery and target characterization.
- A background in NMR spectroscopy and/or Cryo-EM and its application in drug discovery is a plus.
- Candidates must possess excellent collaborative skills, demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills, and work effectively under deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to report and present data to colleagues and senior management is required.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.