About the role
The successful candidate for the Scientist, Protein Biochemistry role will have a critical role in supporting Treeline’s drug discovery programs by collaborating closely with a cross-functional team of biology, structural biology, computational, and medicinal chemistry scientists to deliver high-quality results and impact small molecule drug discovery. Specifically, you will design and implement key biophysical and biochemical assays to screen and characterize protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions.
- Design and implement biophysical and biochemical assays to screen and characterize protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions.
- Apply multiple biophysical assay methods to identify small molecule modulators and characterize screening hits.
- Express and purify protein to support structural biology and small molecule drug discovery efforts.
- Analyze, interpret, and document data using an ELN and application specific software tools.
- Proactively explore and evaluate new technologies to implement into drug discovery pipeline.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of biology, structural biology, computational, and medicinal chemistry scientists to deliver high-quality results and impact small molecule drug discovery.
- Candidates must have a BS/MS in biochemistry, chemical biology, chemistry, or a related discipline with 6+ years of industry experience or a PhD with 1-3 years of industry experience.
- Previous experience developing protein-protein/protein-small molecule binding assays for drug discovery and target characterization.
- Direct experience with surface plasmon resonance (SPR) is required.
- TR-FRET, AlphaScreen/AlphaLISA, microscale thermophoresis (MST), isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), fluorescence polarization (FP), and thermal shift assays (DSF) is highly advantageous.
- Proficiency with multiple protein expression platforms from small scale, high-throughput expression screening through large scale production volumes is preferred.
- A solid foundation of protein purification techniques is essential. Strong candidates should have experience with AKTA instrumentation and a broad range of capture and isolation techniques.
- Candidates must possess excellent collaborative skills, demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills, and work effectively under deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to report and present data to colleagues and senior management is required.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.