About the role
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated cell and molecular biologist to join our team. With a strong background in cell-based assay development, cell line engineering, SAR screening, and a track record of contributing to multidisciplinary drug discovery teams, this position will play a critical role in driving Treeline’s portfolio forward. As a biologist at Treeline, you will also play a key role in the validation and selection of the next generation of oncology targets using cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, functional genomics, and using state-of-the art scientific approaches. You will closely collaborate with other biologists, medicinal chemists, structural biologists, biophysicists, and other data scientists to test biological hypotheses and enable forward progress of drug discovery projects. Additionally, you will drive advances in technology, infrastructure, and biology to accelerate the path to medicines.
You thrive in a fast-paced and matrixed discovery environment requiring scientific curiosity and rigor. With a drive to succeed, you are creative diligent and meticulous in approaching difficult scientific challenges and collaborate across multiple disciplines to move programs forward.
- Build and execute cell-based assay cascades to support drug discovery campaigns and mechanism of action studies.
- Develop tool assets to advance drug discovery projects in multiple established cancer cell lines including generation, validation and maintenance of engineered cell lines using a variety of techniques (CRISPR endogenous gene editing, over-expression, knock-down and knock-out).
- Execute a wide variety of cellular and molecular techniques to validate and characterize genetic or small molecule perturbations of targets and downstream pathways, such as: Western blot, qPCR, ELISA, MSD, immunoprecipitation, luminescence assays, phenotypic assays and flow cytometry.
- Run SAR assays to rapidly drive the hit-to-lead and lead optimization processes in collaboration with chemistry, biology, structural biology, and medicine design.
- Design and conduct well controlled high-quality scientific experiments to test biological hypotheses.
- Assist with evaluation and development of new approaches and technologies within the biology group.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook in compliance with company policies.
- Help establish the biology group and contribute to building a culture that embraces continuous learning and improvement.
- BS or MS in Biology or related discipline with at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Previous experience in small molecule drug discovery and SAR in a biotech/pharma setting is preferred.
- A track record of leading from the bench to drive hit-to-lead, and lead optimization experiments to deliver small molecule development candidates.
- General knowledge of cancer signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression.
- Knowledge of automation and HTS is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.