About the role
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, cross-functional analytical team in San Diego and will deliver a coherent roadmap of the support needed for our drug discovery programs. The candidate will work closely with chemistry/biology labs to help maintain and optimize instrumentation. Overall, the candidate will lead and support the development of a high-performing analytical chemistry ecosystem at Treeline.
- Act as a key analytical scientist for San Diego site.
- Responsible for all analytical activities in chemistry, ADME, CRO collaborations and drug discovery biology.
- Development of an instrument and characterization infrastructure plan to support
- Structural characterization of drug substance molecules via a
variety of analytical methods primarily, but not limited to LC and MS
- Provides training and/or supervision to junior staff, as needed.
- Able to identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve efficiency, productivity, and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with capability of interfacing with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with on-site and cross-teams.
- BS/BA degree in chemistry or closely related field and 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry required, focusing on analytical chemistry. 3+ years experience in lieu of MS/MA or Ph.D. with relevant experience that may include a portion of postdoc experience to fulfill total experience requirement.
- Extensive hands-on experience drug discovery.
- Demonstrated success in an analytical team as an integral part of a
drug discovery organization.
- Experience with Agilent Chemstation and MassHunter, Thermo Xcalibur,
CTC Analytics software and small molecule purification/isolation using liquid handling robotics and reversed-phase analytical and preparative mass guided chromatography preferred.
Notice to Search Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters)
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Treeline Biosciences. To protect the interests of all parties involved, Treeline Biosciences will only accept resumes from a recruiter if an executed search agreement directed to the particular position or positions is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Treeline Biosciences from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Treeline Biosciences and do not obligate Treeline Biosciences in any way to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Recruiters are requested not to contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.