We believe that everyone can and should automate the tools they use every day.
The Tray Platform empowers anyone to do more, faster by harnessing automation with the leading, low-code general automation platform.
With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs.
Tray's backend infrastructure processes millions of requests per day and is a mission-critical component of our customers' businesses. The Front-End is a complex application powered by React. As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Tray, you’ll be part of a team responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed infrastructure. We expect you to build flexible services and tooling which allows Tray to rapidly scale whilst delivering a seamless experience to our customers.
While QA Engineers work within our cross-functional teams (we call them Squads), our SDETs provide the tools, frameworks and infrastructure so that Squads can seamlessly create reliable, maintainable tests. They are experts in test architecture, devops and automation. SDETs are key contributors to ensuring our Tray platform meets our very high quality standards at all levels, enabling the ways to push it to even higher grounds. They work for one of the several functional areas of our platform, each covered by multiple Squads.
What you will do
- Take a consultative approach to improving our current Automation coverage, working and pairing with Engineers to improve coverage and automated test approach
- Maintain and expand our existing test frameworks and their underlying infrastructure.
- Develop our internal tools and frameworks to improve test coverage and approach
- Supports and pairs with Engineers to improve automation coverage
- Contribute to product decisions
- Solid experience with testing frontend and backend of web applications throughout the entire software development cycle
- Experience with Node.js UI test automation (e.g WebdriverIO, Selenium)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, and Shell scripting
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git)
Beyond the technicals, you would be:
- An active team player who is willing to help others and acts in a committed and reliable way
- Curious and enjoy working with others
- Not afraid to ask and provide your input
- Proactive, detail-oriented person with a positive attitude
- Passionate about programming and testing
Your team will fully support you to do your best work.
Our team is humble but spirited people, who take immense pride in what they do. We work in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another.
The heart of Tray is made of generosity and trust. It is a community built on individual interactions between people who think differently; who are always available to help, to answer questions and to empower. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. We love to achieve things that haven’t been done before.
We believe in diversity and equal opportunity.
We believe that in building diversity we build strength. We encourage all to apply, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will make sure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.