TRAY.IO IS USHERING IN THE ERA OF THE AUTOMATED ORGANIZATION
We believe that any organization can and should automate. With Tray, citizen automators throughout organizations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, Forbes and Lyft rely on Tray to connect, process, and automate data between the tools they use everyday.
You’ll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You’ll join humble, but fiercely ambitious, people like yourself who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You’ll also have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment...and to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
"With Tray, we have a group of experts who can help us explore all the possibilities we haven’t even thought of yet.” - Mike Atwood, Executive Director, Client Success / Vox Media
“I can’t emphasize enough just how good the Tray folks are at what they do.” - David Dorman, Director of Growth and Demand / DigitalOcean
You’ll join a fast-growing, well-funded tech company with a great foundation that’s just getting into its next phase of growth. We’re looking for hungry, intelligent, and versatile sales professionals to join a special team to accelerate Tray’s go-to-market strategy. We believe in our product, team, and market position -- now it’s time to execute.
As a Sales Engineer at Tray, you will demonstrate your technical skills and social aptitude to help Product, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and IT leaders expedite their initiatives, exceed their revenue goals, and crush their day-to-day. Contribute to Product, being a lense into features needed to drive new business. Live on the front-lines with Sales, go onsite to meet clients, help tackle complex problems, and build business value for internal and external personas.
Sales Engineering team members are domain authorities on our product and our roadmap. In 6 months, you will recognize every technology company in the Bay and accidentally think about integrations at cocktail hour.
- Present complex ideas using System Architecture diagrams.
- Build demonstrations for clients and present to D-, V-, and C- level executives.
- Work hands-on with prospects to demonstrate and communicate implementation methodologies using Tray's technology.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the iPaaS market including competing/complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Tray.io in relation to them.
- Support Product and Engineering, providing detailed feedback back from our prospects and customers.
- Enable Marketing and Operations through informative sessions, encouraging product excellence across the org.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a technical sales/solutions/consulting role, with a record of top performance in the B2B SAAS or Consulting space for MM/Enterprise accounts/clients.
- Outstanding skills addressing both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Experience and a track record of success building solutions for enterprise customers; includes validated skills identifying key decision-makers, winning value propositions, and compelling events.
- Working knowledge of on-premise/cloud-based infrastructures, SDLC pipelines, and deployments/configurations and definition/evangelism of standard methodologies/standards.
- Exceptional sense of humor
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- SQL development and optimization using MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift or similar.
- Experience maintaining data concurrency and consistency among distributed API systems, or other systems ingesting real-time data.
WHY JOIN TRAY.IO?
- We have a refreshing company culture that is open, hungry, fun, and global
- We have a best-in-class product in one of the fastest-growing & largest market segments
- We have access to some of the most innovative companies in the world
- We have substantial long-term upside with stock options at a ground-floor opportunity in a category-defining company that is moving into scale mode
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.