Tray.io is ushering in the era of the automated organisation
Our up, and already running, second Product line gives Enterprise customers a scalable solution to provide countless integrations to their end-users. You will lead the direction and development of this powerful product which represents an exciting phase in our mission to usher in the era of the automated organisation.
There’s an app out there for everything but most cloud software services are distinctly difficult to use together, and doing so is very labour intensive. With our cutting-edge platform, processes that took hours, or even days, can now happen in seconds The Tray.io app is a general purpose automation platform. Our users create complex workflows through a flexible platform, integrating their cloud stack with powerful conditional logic. Using our intuitive visual programming interface anyone can now precisely instrument the flow of rich data products between their SaaS tools.
You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, in a culture built on friendship and transparency.. You'll have opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun and fast-paced environment. And make an early mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry. We’re small and dynamic, open to new ideas and the work you do now will have a big impact on shaping how we grow, and deliver, for the long term.
Customers like Reddit, NPM, Digital Ocean, GitHub, Lyft, and IBM are already reinventing how they work through Tray. Help us usher in the era of automation.
"With Tray, we have a group of experts who can help us explore all the possibilities we haven’t even thought of yet.” - Mike Atwood, Executive Director, Client Success / Vox Media
“I can’t emphasize enough just how good the Tray folks are at what they do.” - David Dorman, Director of Growth and Demand / DigitalOcean
Product at Tray.io
Product at Tray.io has a mission - build a platform that allows our customers to create an automated organisation; people for whom building their own integrations between the tools they use and automating the processes that power their business, was previously totally out of reach. Through the power, flexibility and above all, user experience of the platform, as well as education and support, users can utilise any of the products in the platform’s portfolio to create a fully integrated and automated business.
One of the products in our portfolio is ‘Tray Embedded’. This product comprises of a UI app and a GraphQL API allowing customers to embed Tray’s integration and automation technology into their own app. The primary buyers are product leaders as they look to ensure their own products are able to compete in their individual markets with an ever-increasing need to fulfil integration requirements. Using Tray’s Embedded product allows our customers to strategically position their own product as fully integrated with any of a vast number of other tools, without needing to build and maintain native integrations within their own Engineering team. In the last year, we’ve seen our customer numbers quadruple and have built out a whole new team in San Francisco to sell and support this growth.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
This new product represents an exciting phase in the company’s growth and you’ll have access to everything and everyone you need across the business to make you best placed to make the decisions that will drive it’s success in a newly emerging market. The product already has some important customers, who are global technology brands, and we can’t wait to see how it will revolutionise their businesses; we work closely with our customers and users and enjoy seeing these partnerships succeed. We’re excited to see where this new product can take us and want someone to lead the charge!
- Talking with the product leaders, product managers and engineers from around the world that make up the Embedded product’s customer base to understand their needs and how they’re using the product - from in-person onsite meetings at some of the biggest technology brands in San Francisco to video calls with top product teams in Paris
- Working with your commercial counterparts in San Francisco to support our customers; defining projects, produce specifications, write tickets and manage communication, to ensure that every customer is successful and thriving in the product
- Full responsibility for managing the Embedded product lifecycle from feature requirements gathering to release; running a product team with tech leads, engineers, product design and QA engineers alongside a dedicated Engineering manager to define, scope, prioritise and execute.
- Contributing to the whole platform strategy and how it aligns with the company vision with other product managers, the Head of Product and the CTO; how we retain our customers, expand within them and the market and how the whole platform needs to evolve to get us there
- Finding pragmatic ways to continually build a best practise product development culture; we discuss and debate ideas, write up proposals for features that are living, breathing and full of collaboration so that we’re not a feature shipping factory but instead delivering sustainable value for our customers with buy-in from engineers, designers, product marketing, sales and customer success.
A bit about you:
- You have excellent leadership and communication skills - if there’s confusion or uncertainty, you make it your responsibility to bring clarity to everyone, both in the product team and beyond.
- You’re independent, confident, proactive and allergic to being micromanaged
- You enjoy the fast pace of a dynamic work environment and relish the challenge of keeping lots of plates spinning at once. Your organisation skills are legendary.
- You’re happy and confident making yourself the ‘go-to person’ for any element of the product you own, both within the wider Engineering team and amongst business stakeholders (who are in San Francisco!)
- You have an energetic, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude that helps you get things done when time and resources are tight
- You are excited to get your head around some more technical concepts and see the chance to work with a relatively technical product as an opportunity to learn. We won’t expect you to know all about APIs at all, but we would hope you want to understand more.
- Above all, you are laser focussed on the user and never lose sight of your primary role: understanding them, what the different segments of users are and what they all struggle with
Qualifications and experience
At minimum you have:
- Two years experience shipping products in a technical agile environment and working with developers on a day-to-day basis
- Experience with wireframing, writing user stories and iteration alongside UX designers
- The ability to analyze and use data to make informed product decisions.
- Strong attention to detail, always thinking of the end user
- Demonstrable experience in learning and getting to grips with new concepts, technologies and ways of working
Great if you have:
- A technical background and a tinkering mindset
- Experience developing B2B products
- Experience and enjoyment working in distributed or remote teams
- Carried out qualitative data collection including usability studies, user testing and market research and can discuss how it informs your decision making
- Experience with API-driven products
Our Product stack is:
- Notion, Jira, Slack
- Appcues, Contentful
- Whimsical, Sketch, Zeplin, Invision
- Periscope, Fullstory, Google Analytics, Segment, Amplitude
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building and high-context technical problems.
The actual benefits include:
- Generous conference and learning budget
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- Dog friendly office
- Supportive work environment with an emphasis on self-care & mindfulness (we offer Yoga & ‘mindful meander’ walks every Tuesday afternoon)
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & a whole company summit - Lisbon this year!)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.