Tray.io is ushering in the era of the automated organisation
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, GitHub, Reddit, npm, Lyft, and Digital Ocean rely on Tray.io to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use every day. With Tray.io visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting-edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.
You'll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
"With Tray, we have a group of experts who can help us explore all the possibilities we haven’t even thought of yet.” - Mike Atwood, Executive Director, Client Success / Vox Media
“I can’t emphasize enough just how good the Tray folks are at what they do.” - David Dorman, Director of Growth and Demand / DigitalOcean
Our Implementation Engineers are problem solvers by nature, uniquely positioned between Customer Success and our Engineering teams they are market experts in creating novel solutions with software integrations. Many of our customers need guidance, sometimes this is improving efficiencies, sending smarter marketing campaigns or even refactoring existing automation infrastructures into maintainable low-code solutions. Utilising unique domain exposure and technical expertise, this team supports our Customer Success team in designing, building and maintaining sophisticated customer solutions. Our Engineers embody the hackers and strategists whom we support by bringing new tools, creativity and ingenuity to challenging problems. They are self-motivated, have a passion for learning new tools, and enjoy solving challenging customer problems with creativity and ingenuity.
As an Implementation Engineering Manager, you will be an integral part of the Customer Success leadership team, reporting directly to the Head of Customer Success. You will support the Implementation Engineering team through remarkable growth. The promising direction and design of the team needs local ownership and a time-zone point of escalation to make the team’s careers and our customer’s success a priority. We’re looking for an energetic, charismatic technical leader to support and coach our Implementation Engineers and help drive and develop best practises, define and align around a mission, and establish clear responsibilities and objectives.
To us, success is exemplary technical execution; consistently meeting accurate and attainable deadlines, effective communication across the local team and the Atlantic. We believe the route to this goal is ardent ownership of making our team better through technical initiatives, process and individual development, bolstering the team’s commercial acumen, and to strategically position the team as the ultimate enablers of citizen automation. The work that you do enables your team to deliver exceptional customer experiences that will ultimately have an impact on the vision of the Tray Platform itself.
- Supporting, coaching and developing our high performing Implementation Engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with the team.
- Working closely with the Talent team to attract and hire high potential team members from diverse backgrounds.
- Contributing to management best practices: helping us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated people that we hire.
- Helping to build an engineering organisation that continues to drive success during rapid growth.
- Partnering with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices.
- Getting involved in product decisions, and balancing technical requirements with customer needs.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A technical background, either in front-end with experience working with large Single Page App codebases, or in backend, building & running large-scale, highly-available, distributed systems.
- 1+ years of growing and managing a team of 3 engineers or more, or relevant sustained experience leading/training a similar group.
- You are an agile enthusiast and help teams constantly improve and refine their working practices.
- A real passion for developing, mentoring and supporting people. You care deeply about helping others achieve their goals, avoid burnout, and become the best engineers they can be.
- Highly developed technical and people troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about troubleshooting, debugging, and automation.
- Previous experience in an Implementation, Customer Success or Technical Support team, building IaaS or PaaS products.
- Excellent written communication skills, with a portfolio of technical guides and employer branding pieces.
- Strong experience working with customers, both internal and external to deliver projects on time and budget.
Our current tech stack:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis, GitHub
- Docker, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework
- Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
- AWS & Linux
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.