TRAY.IO IS USHERING IN THE ERA OF THE AUTOMATED ORGANIZATION
We believe that any organization can and should automate. With the Tray Platform, citizen automators throughout organizations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, Forbes, and Lyft rely on the Tray Platform to connect, process, and automate data between the tools they use every day.
You’ll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You’ll join humble, but fiercely ambitious, people like yourself who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You’ll also have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment...and to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
"With Tray, we have a group of experts who can help us explore all the possibilities we haven’t even thought of yet.” - Mike Atwood, Executive Director, Client Success / Vox Media
“I can’t emphasize enough just how good the Tray folks are at what they do.” - David Dorman, Director of Growth and Demand / DigitalOcean
As Events Marketing Manager at Tray.io, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our events strategy and execution, which includes: trade show sponsorships, partner events, owned events, and field events. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Demand Generation, you’ll work together to set channel-level goals that map directly to pipeline and revenue generation. You’ll manage a central events calendar while partnering with others within the organization who require events support in order to maintain consistency across all Tray.io-run events. You’ll own vendor relationship management and research events and opportunities we should consider adding to our roadmap. You’ll collaborate closely with revenue operations team members to ensure you have the tools and technology required to manage and track event success. During your first year at Tray.io, you’ll have the opportunity to produce and brand the first ever Tray.io annual conference, and you’ll make a direct revenue impact at a well-funded company in hyper-growth mode.
You’re an energetic B2B events marketing expert with proven success in the events space. You know what it takes to produce an effective and efficient event and to measure and monitor results. You love building events that not only deliver a great experience for prospects and customers, but that help achieve company revenue targets. Your creative energy is balanced by an organized and process-oriented mindset. You’re constantly thinking of ways to scale effective events campaigns, and similarly to identify events that did not produce desired results. You’re a self starter who enjoys working cross functionally to communicate project plans and to achieve key milestones. You’re not afraid of a challenge, and you prioritize your schedule in order to meet key deliverable dates. You’re proud to exceed your goals and value taking on high-impact projects that will help bring the Tray.io brand to life and help us develop a deeper connection to our prospects and customers.
- Manage event calendars and identify future opportunities.
- Define event objectives and goals in order to gain buy-in from key stakeholders and measure success.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to define and track communications related to events.
- Manage pre- and post-event planning meetings and communications.
- Create program plans to track status and meet deadlines. Program plans should include: event goals, role definement, timelines, staffing details, key resources, and post-event analysis.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with vendors and event organizers.
- Maintain accurate events budget and ROI tracking.
- Develop Tray.io’s first annual user conference with the help of outside contractors.
- Partner with both account-based and partner marketing managers to ensure any events they need to execute are documented and executed to a common Tray.io events standard.
- Share the analysis and reporting on the success of specific programs + the events channel with the leadership team and the broader marketing team.
- Bring new event ideas to the table to be evaluated by the team.
- Travel varies throughout the year, from traveling once per month or more, to as little as once a quarter. The ability to be flexible to the ebb and flow of travel is needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in event marketing management with both tradeshow and field event experience.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with exceptional project and time management skills.
- Proven effectiveness in logistics and vendor management.
- Solid understanding of event technology — promotion, registration, onsite lead capture, and reporting.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast and creative problem solving abilities for both quick fixes and areas where larger strategic solutions are needed.
- Experience working with teams across multiple departments and functions.
- Experience partnering with event organizers to secure editorial opportunities such as thought leadership/speaking sessions.
- Strong desire to understand and contribute to Tray.io’s pipeline and revenue goals.
- You'll enjoy coming to work because we have a refreshing company culture that is open, hungry, fun, and global
- A best-in-class product that has incredibly happy customers which will make any marketer’s job easier than otherwise
- Become a better marketer by learning from one of the fastest-growing and most sophisticated marketing teams in the bay area
- Substantial long-term upside with stock options in a ground floor opportunity in a category-defining company that is moving into scale mode
Read about the standard benefits here: https://tray.io/jobs