Tray.io is seeking a highly self-motivated Assistant Controller who will oversee our internal accounting function and external audit processes.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the individual will work with cross-functional teams to help develop and implement processes to improve operational efficiency. Candidate should have a strong understanding of software and service businesses and have the ability to research technical accounting literature to provide robust analysis and positions.
This role also will be tightly integrated with various parts of the business and audit process. We are looking for someone who has the drive to learn and grow within Tray.io. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you’ll be working on:
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, ensuring financial statements are ready for reporting within deadlines.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate, plan and execute the external financial statement audit and interim/quarterly reviews; own the annual audit and financial disclosure preparation.
- Designing and maintaining strong internal controls.
- Researching, analyzing, and concluding on new and proposed accounting pronouncements, reporting and disclosure standards and preparing memorandums supporting our positions.
- Working closely with FP&A to facilitate budget and planning processes.
- Being a strong leader, team builder. Partnering productively in a cross-functional capacity.
What you need to have:
- Highly effective and proactive communication standards. Self-motivated and result oriented mentality. Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- 7+ years of experience in progressive roles, leading, and building global accounting teams.
- Audit background, preferably in a Big 4 firm; CPA required. Several audit seasons leading and completing successful audits.
- Outstanding technical accounting skills. If they issued colored belts in GAAP-fu, you’d be a black belt!
- Experience with systems like Netsuite and Salesforce. Self-driven to learn new tools and automation opportunities using Tray.io making accounting operations more efficient.
- Strong background in the Software/SaaS industry.
What you get:
- Read about the standard bennies here: https://tray.io/jobs