TRAY.IO IS USHERING IN THE ERA OF THE AUTOMATED ORGANISATION
The Tray.io Growth Squad owns our public Progressive Web Apps; using the latest technologies the team created a highly performant API-first content management infrastructure that scalably serves half a million pages tailored perfectly to individual visitors. As our capabilities grow, so must the way we provide meaningful content.
There’s an app out there for everything but most cloud software services are distinctively difficult to use together, and doing so is very labour intensive. With our cutting-edge platform, processes that took hours, or even days, can now happen in seconds The Tray.io app is a general purpose automation platform. Our users create complex workflows through a flexible platform, integrating their cloud stack with powerful conditional logic. Using our intuitive visual programming interface anyone can now precisely instrument the flow of rich data products between their SaaS tools.
You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, in a culture built on friendship and transparency.. You'll have opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun and fast-paced environment. And make an early mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry. We’re small and dynamic, open to new ideas and the work you do now will have a big impact on shaping how we grow, and deliver, for the long term.
Customers like Reddit, NPM, Digital Ocean, GitHub, Lyft, and IBM are already reinventing how they work through Tray. Help us usher in the era of automation.
"With Tray, we have a group of experts who can help us explore all the possibilities we haven’t even thought of yet.” - Mike Atwood, Executive Director, Client Success / Vox Media
“I can’t emphasize enough just how good the Tray folks are at what they do.” - David Dorman, Director of Growth and Demand / DigitalOcean
As Frontend Web Developer at Tray.io, you will own the development and maintenance of our customer-facing website. The website is our main tool for driving new customers and new colleagues to Tray.io and you will be responsible for this crucial marketing & employer branding asset. Our vision is to build an innovative site that combines data-driven personalisation, global scalability and world-class UX.
- Take ownership of the Tray.io public website
- Ensure that the website is stable, performant, accessible, and well tested
- Optimise the website for SEO and work with Marketing/SEO experts to drive traffic growth
- Design and implement innovative ways of increasing visitor engagement and conversion
- Work with the marketing team in San Francisco to manage updates and enhancements to our website
Ideally, you will be an experienced, hands-on web developer who has contributed to shipping large-scale websites in the past. You will be a forward thinker who can balance day-to-day pragmatism with an eye for future growth of our platform.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience delivering best-in-class creative HTML5/CSS3 front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects
- Ability to develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Knowledge of modern web standards, combined with an eye for design and UX
- Experience with CSS and preprocessors such as LESS & SASS
- Experience working with powerful state management tools
- Experience with client-side testing (we use Jest + Enzyme)
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders (design, product, internal customers) to iterate upon ideas.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, or Zeplin
- Experience with ReactJS and Redux
- Knowledge of PWAs and Accessibility
- Appreciation of the principles and best practices of technical SEO
- Knowledge of web page performance auditing tools (e.g. Lighthouse, Sonarwhal)
Our current tech stack:
- React, Gatsby, Contentful, CSS Grid
- PostgreSQL, GraphQL, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis
- Docker, Terraform, AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework
- Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus
- AWS & Linux
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.