Tray.io is ushering in the era of the automated organisation
We have created a general purpose automation platform which pushes the boundaries of serverless technology. With Tray.io, our users can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. We allow for anyone, through our intuitive visual workflow builder, to connect their entire cloud stack. No dev resources required.
There’s an app out there for everything but most cloud software services are distinctively difficult to use together, and doing so is very labour intensive. With our cutting-edge platform, processes that took hours, or even days, can now happen in seconds.
We’re a well-funded startup with commercial teams in San Francisco and New York and 35+ in our London Engineering HQ. We increased our revenue by 450% in 2018 and saw our headcount grow 500% over the same period, we are now expanding our teams to support our continued growth.
You'll contribute directly to our mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
We’re small and dynamic, open to new ideas and the work you do now will have a big impact on shaping how we grow, attract new talent and retain our excellent engineers for the long term. Customers like Reddit, NPM, Digital Ocean, GitHub, Lyft, and IBM are already reinventing how they work through Tray. Help us usher in the era of automation.
"With Tray, we have a group of experts who can help us explore all the possibilities we haven’t even thought of yet.” - Mike Atwood, Executive Director, Client Success / Vox Media
“I can’t emphasize enough just how good the Tray folks are at what they do.” - David Dorman, Director of Growth and Demand / DigitalOcean
Product at Tray.io
The Tray.io platform is bridging the gap between technology and citizen automators through beautiful user experiences.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Talking with customers around the world to help make informed product decisions
- Managing the product lifecycle from requirements gathering to release
- Contributing to the product strategy and company vision
- Collaborating with engineers, product designers and dev-ops operations teams to define, scope, prioritise and deliver features across our internal and customer facing products
- Working with business stakeholders to define projects, produce specifications, write tickets and manage communication, to ensure the business is well informed about your projects
- Finding pragmatic ways to continually build a best practise product development culture that delivers reliability and performance as standard
A bit about you:
- You have excellent leadership and communication skills - if there’s confusion or uncertainty, you make it your responsibility to bring clarity to everyone, both in the product team and beyond.
- You enjoy the fast pace of a dynamic work environment and relish the challenge of keeping lots of plates spinning at once. Your organisation skills are legendary.
- You’re happy and confident making yourself the ‘go-to person’ for any element of the product you own, both within the wider Engineering team and amongst business stakeholders (who are in San Francisco!)
- You have an energetic, enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude that helps you get things done when time and resources are tight
- You are excited to get your head around some more technical concepts and see the chance to work with a relatively technical product as an opportunity to learn. We won’t expect you to know all about APIs at all, but we would hope you want to understand more.
- Above all, you are laser focussed on the user and never lose sight of your primary role: understanding them, what the different segments of users are and what they all struggle with
Qualifications and experience
- Experience shipping products in a technical environment and working with developers on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience with wireframing, writing user stories and agile software development practices.
- Demonstrable experience in learning and getting to grips with new concepts, technologies and ways of working
- Carried out qualitative data collection including usability studies, user testing and market research and can discuss how it informed your decision making
- The ability to analyze and use data to make informed product decisions.
- A strong attention to detail, always thinking of the end user
Our Product stack is:
- Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Whimsical, Sketch, Zeplin, Asana, Airtable
- Periscope, Fullstory, Google Analytics, Segment
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Top of the range equipment budget
- Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
- Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private healthcare
- 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.