Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today we are expanding our reach by operating in eight countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create large impact in the markets and industries we touch
The Role: Art Director
Traveloka Art directors are responsible for the overall visual aspects of the advertising or media campaign and coordinate the work of other artistic or design staff, such as visual communication designers, copywriters, story visualizers, etc.
Art directors live and breathe visual communication. As an Art Director, you are responsible for the look and feel of our advertisements and creative deliverables from start to finish and everything in between, ie. you are responsible for the visual style and images in our commercial communication, and including video productions. You create the overall design for a project, and also direct others who develop the artwork or layouts. You tell stories with the visuals you produce, going above mere aesthetically-pleasing outputs and providing clear meaning and narrative to build the brand.
As an Art Director, your main duties are; working from a brief with a copywriter, generating ideas to present to the Creative Director & our client, with the goal to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences. and visually stunning communications
- Working on designs to produce an effective advertising campaign.
- assign the team to work on projects.
- Your workdays are divided into three areas: collaborating, creating, overseeing
- Proven working experience as Visual Communication Designer, Copywriter or Illustrator
- Min. 5 - 7 years of work experience in the discipline (portfolio). with 1 year of project management experience.
- A brilliant and engaging storyteller
- A strong visual portfolio that showcases the capabilities of visual scroll-stoppers and eyecatchers
- Strong capabilities in any other disciplines than your main discipline
- Hands-on experience within areas of logo design, typography, color, web layout design, print production, image selection, and package design
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design software
- Demonstrable both graphic design & copywriting skills with a strong portfolio
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Relevant education or training
- Basic digital advertising concepts and digital video production is a plus