1. Legal Counsel reports directly to Country Legal Counsel and is ultimately responsible for handling legal advices / paperwork (including Traveloka Vietnam and affiliates of Traveloka Group).
2. Work closely with Country Legal Counsel and international legal counsels in legal, compliance work, corporate affairs and public policy.
3. Advising internal stakeholders on a range of issues including general corporate and commercial, lending, payments and financial regulations, life and non-life insurance regulations, consumer protection, internet, electronic and online transactions, disputes (pre-litigation), data protection and other legal matters.
4. Having capacity to advise stakeholders and analyze the stakeholders including being responsible to handle relevant compliance matters relating to financial services.
5. Drafting and implementing policies, procedures, processes, systems, governance and internal controls which are relating to compliance required under specific laws and regulations governing certain corporate matters and financial services including being a key person to coordinate with other stakeholders and apply for necessary licenses.
6. Working closely with Public Policy & GR Team and being the key person responsible to contact with relevant regulators in Vietnam (including the State Bank of Vietnam, Insurance Commission, Anti-Money Laundering Office, Office of Customer Protection Board, Ministry of Industry and Trade, etc.) and building connection and good relationship with such regulators.
7. Other tasks assigned by Country Legal Counsel
- Law Bachelor's Degree
- 5-6 years’ of post qualification at law firms and/or major multinational corporations
- Effective communication in English & Vietnamese
- Experience in e-commerce / tech company / lending activities / e-payments / digital finance and food delivery industries
- Analytical mind-set and ability to see the big picture
- Business-oriented, detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving problems
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
- Having lawyer practicing certificate is an advantage
- Prefer in-house experience