Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today Traveloka is expanding its reach by operating in 8 countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
As a Software Engineer - Backend in Flight team, you will get to experience designing, building and maintaining highly-available & highly-scalable systems that serve millions of Traveloka users. In addition to working with fellow engineers, you will also work with Product Managers, Data, Designers, Quality, Operations, and other various stakeholders in order to build and deliver the best products and features that enable our customers to fly conveniently. Building an application is more than just writing code, you will be involved in the complete cycle of product development: ideation, design, implementation, and support.
Software engineering takes the central roles for building Traveloka products and systems. You will:
- Be responsible for designing, building, improving, or maintaining our backend applications, third-party data integration, data API, backend systems, or working with monitoring tools and infrastructure.
- Work in cross-functional teams and meet great people regularly from top tier technology, consulting, product, or academic background. We work in an open environment where there are no boundaries or power distance. Everyone is encouraged to speak their mind, propose ideas, influence others, and continuously grow themselves
- Participate and contribute to engineering hygiene such as code review, unit testing, and integration testing.
- Participate and contribute to the solution and architectural design review.
- Participate in the service support as on-call.
- Participate and contribute to innovation and problem-solving
Having minimum 2 years of experience in software engineering, application development or system development
Passion in software engineering, application development, or systems development
Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, design patterns, and algorithms
Comfortable working up and down the technology stack
Curiosity to explore creative solutions and try new things
Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university