As an AP Manager, you would be responsible for:
- Oversee routine AP activities and all AP processes to ensure they are completed accurately and on time
- Ensure adherence to 3 way match concept in the review of invoices and payments and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of recording in the Accounting system.
- Maintaining accurate financial GL and AP sub-ledgers, accurate and complete financial records of third-party vendors and employees.
- Manages monthly closing of AP. Conducts review and ensure complete posting of month end information, ensures accuracy and accruals of significant costs needed for financial reporting purposes.
- Control and manage various AP reports including Aging Reports. Ensure no overdue accounts and maximizes terms agreed with vendors.
- Develop, implement and improve AP processes to increase accuracy and efficiency. Implement agreed polices to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Build and maintain employee and vendor relationships. Interface with Department Managers and vendors responding to questions and AP concerns.
- Provide support and work with project managers and operations staff in analyzing finance processes related to business payments and AP matters.
- Monitors spending for adherence to forecast and budget, reports on variances as necessary.
- Selects and hires employees. Trains, motivates and evaluates employees to enhance their performance and professional development.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives. Develop clear strategies and clearly communicating this to the team. Lead team in an efficient and effective basis in the performance of daily finance operational functions.
Requirements (Education, Technical Skills, Relevant Experiences)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or ACCA or any equivalent qualification preferred
- At least 6-8 years work experience in Finance & Accounting. Specific AP Manager position for minimum of 2 years. MNC experience is a plus.
- Experience in handling a team. Strong leadership skill to effectively direct, manage and mentor team members.
- Analytical mind and should be pro-active and decisive. Ability to analyze information and processes and should have strong attention to details
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and department requesters. Must have the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in English language, strong in written and verbal communication skills
- Should possess strong skills in Excel Applications and knowledge of ERP accounting software such Oracle is preferred