Design and Build Compliance Organization
- Responsible for the design & build of a world class compliance function incl. people, process, and technology.
- Develop and implement a roadmap for compliance function in line with company’s business needs.
- Review and, as appropriate, rebuild the company's compliance processes, covering data protection and privacy
- Hiring, as appropriate, team to deliver on compliance roadmap.
Drive a Compliance Culture within the company
- Develop training programmes for all compliance areas as required.
- Lead staff communication and training on compliance at all levels of the company's business.
- Develop and maintain the company's compliance activities.
- Drive general ethical behavior within the company
Audit and enforce compliance-related policies
- Manage the company's compliance processes and key controls including developing and reporting on KPIs
- Regularly review the company’s compliance policies and processes and conduct regular reviews of the company’s compliance activities across the business to identify any vulnerabilities and risks and develop and implement any remedial plans
- Conduct or direct internal investigations of compliance issues
- Conduct risk assessments, including privacy impact assessments.
Update knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Anticipate emerging changes to compliance trends and prepare company as needed.
- Monitor external regulatory and business developments and help develop and implement policies and procedures to reflect new requirements
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation in each country of operation
- Interface with external stakeholders on compliance-related topics
- Handle communications with regulators and other government bodies.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of key existing & evolving regulation applicable to the company
- Work closely with external auditors and regulators to ensure adherence to any applicable regulatory requirements in line with the company’s business needs.
- Cooperate with banking and strategic business partners on compliance matters.
- Broad compliance background including experience with data protection in Indonesia
- Experience working in a global company with exposure to regulation in multiple jurisdictions.
- At least 8 years in the senior compliance-related role, preferably from listed multinational companies.
- Experience in e-Commerce and/or travel related business desired.
- Experience with implementing policies and leading training programmes,
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Experience in Data protection and privacy.
- Law, administration or compliance
- Certified compliance professional is a plus