Traveloka is a Southeast Asian internet unicorn focused on travel and mobility. Currently valued at over $4B USD after 7 years, we're rapidly expanding in the region and globally. The Data Team at Traveloka has had enormous growth over the past year and requires a Data Scientist focusing on Computer Vision to help us drive impact through enabling content-centric use-cases. The Data Team comprises a large, diverse team of engineers, analysts, data scientists, machine learning engineers, and product managers and the Platform, Data Science, Machine Learning and AI, and Analytics groups for the organization.
On a typical day, you will:
- Build, scale and evolve our recommendation and ranking services.
- Given a business problem and requirements from business stakeholders, identify objective functions and ML algorithms that should be used.
- Understand the trade-offs of different modelling choices and have a point of view on the trade-offs. Communicate the choices to stakeholders and be able to support your point of view.
- Implement and deploy ML models in collaboration with the engineering team.
- Monitor and perform analytics on deployed models in order to evaluate model drift and assess when the model should be retrained.
- Communicate with stakeholders within the data team and the business team and bridge those requirements with the engineering team
- Share knowledge by mentoring, pairing, and collaborating with other other data scientist, analysts and engineers
- Solid programming skills and understanding of statistical models
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD degree from top universities in a quantitative field (Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Experience in deploying machine learning models to production
- Strong programming ability, preferably in Python
- Proficiency with git, CI/CD, and deployment automation
- Good knowledge of SQL, NoSQL and databases
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a benefit
- Experience in deploying machine learning models related with marketing context is a benefit
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the same fields
- Experience in recommender and ranking system is a plus
- Experience in team management is an added advantage
Working in Traveloka
- You will work in cross-functional teams and meet great people regularly from top tier technology, consulting, product, or academic backgrounds.
- We work in an open environment where there are no boundaries or power distance.
- Everyone is encouraged to speak their mind, propose ideas, influence others, and continuously grow themselves.