- Review and lodge local tax filings, including corporate income tax returns, VAT returns, withholding tax returns, and other tax filings to ensure compliance with relevant tax regulations in Vietnam;
- Maintain tax records properly;
- Review quarterly and annual tax provision and tax disclosure for statutory reporting;
- Manage tax inquiries and tax audits conducted by the tax authorities including maintaining a professional relationship with tax audit staff;
- Provide support to accounting teams regarding tax entries and reconciliation of tax related general ledger accounts (e.g. income tax provision account, VAT account etc.).
- Respond to internal tax inquires and assist business partners with tax issues on timely basis;
- Monitor and analyze proposed and newly enacted tax legislation, regulations and judicial decisions that may impact the company’s operations and financial positions;
- Provide support for ad hoc tax matters, i.e. tax and business projects.
- Identify tax risks, assist in management of tax risk and establish tax defensible position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Taxation
- 7 years+ of relevant tax experience, with at least 5 years in a large MNC and/or a CPA firm;
- Solid local tax knowledge and analytical skills;
- Solid problem-solving and time management skills;
- Effective oral and written communication skill in English & Vietnamese and embrace teamwork spirit;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Accountable, positive attitude and resilience under pressure.
- Exposure to working with stakeholders from different countries.
- Knowledge of financial services products would be advantageous but not compulsory.