Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Traveloka’s current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with cutting edge technologies? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
Traveloka Financial Services Technology Team is looking for an experienced results-oriented, driven software development engineering manager, who can help us to ship the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts. We need someone who has exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams.
As an Engineering Manager, you will define and drive the multi-year vision for the Financial Services Technology platform. You will help set the features, architecture, and best practices of the team, and have significant influence on our overall strategy. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating a reliable and high performance product requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building highly scalable distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software and feels strongly about building & shipping good software as well as making that software achieve its operational & business goals.
- You are responsible for driving the end to end charter of the Fintech Shared Services team which has multiple sub-teams consisting of backend & frontend engineers.
- You lead the yearly and quarter planning with a mission to build a smooth execution plan and secure the delivery of the engineering roadmap. You are the ultimate owner of the successful delivery and rollout of your roadmap.
- You drive your teams forward by being objective and supportive, as well as raising the bar continuously by striving for great delivery and code quality.
- You design and enhance cutting edge services (existing and new) by setting a high standard for availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Traveloka’s range of products.
- You work with other leaders in Fintech or outside Fintech employing your skills of technologies, communicating your ideas effectively and driving alignment with key stakeholders to create successful outcomes of business and engineering growth.
- You actively participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards. You engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning, and optimization.
- Attract and retain engineering talent, actively mentor and develop engineering talent in the team and across Traveloka. You deeply care about people's growth and career development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, writing production quality software (Java preferred), with a proven track record leading the design and implementation of successful large-scale software projects.
- Hands-on programming and technical design skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly. Development experience in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Track record of designing, developing and implementing complex, large scale, distributed systems in the cloud (AWS preferred).
- Experience leading a team of engineers and driving large-scale projects and products, in collaboration with product and business teams, to succeed.
- Strong communication skills and can act as an advisor, coach, mentor, and partner all at the same time with the demonstrated ability to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- 3+ years experience managing software development team and/or experience managing leads.
- Fluent with the entire software development lifecycle (coding standards, source control, build process, testing and operations).
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience with designing and building large-scale Payment, Money Lending or other Fintech systems.
- Any prior experience working & managing cross border team setup.
- Influential, public speaking skills and willingness to participate in employer branding activities such as speaking engagements, technical writing.