Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today Traveloka is expanding its reach by operating in 6 countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
The Senior Interaction Designer is responsible for certain phases of design projects assigned to be implementing into outputs such as design research reports, usability testing reports, wireframes and recommended user flow screens, and/or low fidelity to high fidelity prototypes.
The Senior Interaction Designer will execute research to gather data and translates research insights into design outcomes. You will uncover new design ideas, conducts value proposition feasibility and/or user interface usability tests on prototypes and communicates results of design tests and project implementation.
The Senior Interaction Designer works in a team. You are encouraged to uncover the latest trends in the industry and develop some business acumen to meet the needs of the organisation. You possess mastery of interaction design fundamentals and technical
skills to execute design concepts and wireframes required for mostly digital products and services.
You need to be able to work on multiple tasks concurrently, possibly getting involved across end-to-end project phases, and deliver on expectations within deadlines with high level of changes and iterations required. In addition, you need to demonstrate stakeholder
management skills in partnering internal stakeholders to develop quality creative solutions that meet overall business objectives and goals.
Deliver design output
- Clarify the assigned design project scope, including its goals, requirements, and expectations
- Generate ideas for new design concepts and prototypes
- Produce designs and test specifications for new ideas
- Administer experiments for testing the feasibility and usability of prototypes
- Communicate outcomes of design tests and project implementation
- Prepare design plans and specification documents for submission to be further designed, developed, and implemented according to the design intent and meeting minimum requirements of the design scope
- Prototype and test proposed design solutions and iterate based on the intended design specifications to ensure its readiness to be implemented for launch in its respective platform
- If required, facilitate design thinking workshops to generate ideas and solutions for user experience designs
Perform design intelligence for design projects
- Execute primary and secondary research for data gathering
Participate in design research and workshop activities for insights gathering
Consolidate research findings for report preparation
- Prepare wireframes and rough UI screen flow based on findings/insights developed and iteration feedback from testing
- Develop framework or models that illustrates the problems or insights in forms that are useful to solve customers' and business' needs (e.g. through user journey mapping, service blueprint,etc.)
- Prepare design usability testing reports for circulation to stakeholders if required
- Prepare design visualization for communicating research and design outcomes to make sure insights, ideas, and/or information are in accordance to the design intent and meeting minimum requirements from the design scope
- Proactively suggest methods for testing mechanism to ensure smooth research and design process implementation
- Recognize as many constraints as possible – including potential threats, unintended risks, and problems before it arises – as anticipation to inform the continuous development and iteration of the products and its features to work within the constraints
Construct design research studies
- Ascertain research objectives are relevant to the project's goals and design scope, including the formulation of the research questions
- Identify the methodology and methods, create research tools, and define sampling strategy and research participants, based on the framing of the research objective and research question
- Understand the research context based on stakeholders' goals, requirements, and expectations, and clarify when required
- Determine logistics for and scheduling needs of design research studies
- Draft essential documents that will protect the mutual interests of research participants and company
Conduct design research studies
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market conditions using the most appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and tools
- Conduct secondary research using appropriate methods and tools if required
- Complete the research process and monitor its relevancy and effectiveness with close cooperation with stakeholders
Analysis and abductive data synthesis towards dissemination
- Draw conclusions from design research finding, craft actionable insights, and identify design opportunity areas
- Uncover trends and patterns based on analysis gathered to enrich insights and inspire opportunity areas
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to disseminate design research insights
- Facilitate and gain mutual action items to apply the research insights and opportunity areas into actionable design ideas
Facilitate and drive user-centricity application during product innovation cycle with stakeholders
- Initiate, organise, and execute multidisciplinary and cross-functional workshops, sprints, or meetings that consider the holistic aspects of user desirability, business viability, and technological feasibility for products and features across the business domains
- Assist product teams in framing business problems using a design perspective in considering users' latent needs
- Provide technical guidance to various stakeholders for the implementation of human-centric design solutions if required
- Overall 5-7 years work experience as a hands-on Designer in the industry background (from Visual Communication Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, Service Design, or any other relevant Digital Design disciplines such as Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or other related field with equivalent practical design experience).
- Able to develop a portfolio that showcases interaction design craft (and its application of interaction design principles) with some level of understanding of the Human Centered Design methodology (along with its methods and tools), willingness to learn and iterate, and passionate about design and storytelling.
- Experience working with web or mobile based technologies using design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Balsamiq, Zeplin, ProtoPie, Miro, etc).
- Fluency in Indonesian and English communications (both verbal and written).
- Posses a deep sense of accountability, adaptability, and embracing ambiguity working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Show an evidence of performing in a multidisciplinary design, business, and tech team
- Some understanding of the eCommerce and/or digital travel and lifestyle industries, extra points for having successfully deliver products in/for the SE Asia and/or regional markets.
- The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization through excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including: negotiation, constructive feedback, presentation, managing expectations, resolve conflicts).
- Effective design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to digital experiences.
If this sounds like you, let us know you exist! With you as a Senior Interaction Designer, we can seize business opportunities, all while creating meaning for our products and providing value for our users.
Traveloka Design team is tasked with the role of humanising technology – the one who has the most relevant expertise in understanding human values and life experiences – using systematic approaches such as the Human Centred Design methodology in delighting users and customers through Traveloka product offerings.
Comprises of people from the Design, Architecture, Social Sciences, and Computer Science background, we value collaboration and empathy when it comes to producing innovative solutions.
Read about our design journey here: https://medium.com/traveloka-design