Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today we are expanding our reach by operating in eight countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
- Advising internal stakeholders on a range of issues including general corporate and commercial, lending, payments and financial regulations, life and non-life insurance regulations, consumer protection, internet, electronic and online transactions, disputes (pre-litigation), data protection and other legal matters.
- Being the key person responsible to contact with relevant regulators in Thailand (including Bank of Thailand, Office of Insurance Commission, Anti-Money Laundering Office, Office of Customer Protection Board, Electronic Transactions Developing Agency, Ministry of Commerce, etc.) and building connection and good relationship with such regulators.
- Having capacity to advise stakeholders and analyze the stakeholders including being responsible to handle relevant compliance matters relating to financial services.
- Drafting and implementing policies, procedures, processes, systems, governance and internal controls which are relating to compliance required under specific laws and regulations governing certain corporate matters and financial services including being a key person to coordinate with other stakeholders and apply for necessary licenses.
- Preparing and submitting timely and accurate regulatory reports and filings as required.
- Actively collaborating with internal stakeholders of the Company.
- Assisting to build scalable and effective processes for legal review, contract reviews, contract drafting and launch of financial products in Thailand.
- Managing outside counsels in Thailand to ensure timely and knowledgeable support of critical matters.
- Proactively working attitude with good communication skills.
- 5-6 years of post-qualification experience at top law firms, major multinational corporations or combined experiences with a focus on commercial contracts; preference will be given to those with significant experience in the financial services with a wide range of knowledge on lending business, e-payments/digital finance industries and insurance/insurance broker industry.
- Native Thai speaker and fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Strong legal judgment, analytical skills and commercial sense
- Thorough knowledge of laws relating to corporate and commercial, lending, e-payment, digital and online transactions, life and non-life insurance.
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to balance complex matters independently and manage outside counsel.
- Meticulous, organized and committed to delivering high quality work.
- Able to manage large amounts of paperwork, multitask and work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Proactive team player with effective interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.