The Head of Traveloka Academy will be leading the Traveloka Academy and be a key partner to the Operations Manager, Curricula Manager, and all of the Technical Experts across disciplines and will lead the learning framework content management for all of the core learning and development programs, such as: Onboarding & Compliance, Upskilling, Leadership Development, Community of Practise activities, and other key organizational programs. As the Head of Traveloka Academy, you will enable alignment, collaboration, and measurable improvements to multiple new and existing and new programs, processes, operations, and learning systems.
The Head of Traveloka Academy possesses exceptional leadership and communication skills and sets goals and direction for staff under their charge by implementing the adaptive learning organisation concept. You must be able to inspire and engage internal stakeholders to envision the optimal learning experience and attain their buy-in for your proposed learning solutions for the Traveloka employees. You will establish strategic partnerships to meet the learning needs of the organisation, and as a seasoned practitioner, and provide technical leadership to enhance the functional competence of team members.
Reporting to the Traveloka Academy Board, you are entrusted to uncover opportunities for improving workforce productivity and efficiency and can analyse the needs of learners, trainers, coordinators, and stakeholders logically and recommend suitable improvements to current methods, programmes, and processes. You need to ensure that the Traveloka Academy teams operate smoothly by building self-reliance within each team. In addition, you should be up-to-date with the latest developments in the professional learning sectors, and is highly proficient in negotiation and problem-solving for the future.
- Drive the overall learning and development effort to develop Traveloka employees by gaining deep understanding of business needs
- Work closely with Traveloka Academy Boards, Managers, Coordinators, and Technical Experts in reviewing existing and new Learning and Development practices across various functions against the company goals
- Oversee the Curricula Manager and Technical Experts in establishing, managing, and scaling best practices for curriculum, module, and syllabus development and management, including to determine evaluation criteria, success metrics, and measure impact of each program over time.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the learning frameworks in meeting the needs of businesses and learners, regularly sending out status report and suggest recommendations to the Board prior to iteration and roll-out.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the learning and development domain, including formulating mid to long-term plans involving strategic development for the Traveloka employees' competency and contribution to the business growth.
- Liaise with external parties and/or stakeholders/partners/vendors as Traveloka’s representative for any development program conversations as required.
- Research and design new Learning and Development modules based on competency models and learnings for various functions and teams, including analyzing new trends, tools, and industry best practices for Learning and Development.
- When required, to design curriculum, provide training and mentorship, and/or facilitating Training of Trainer programs.
- Formulate operational excellence to support organisation growth
- Oversee the Curricula Manager, Operations Manager, Coordinators, and Technical Experts in reviewing existing and new learning platform and aggregate learning content into a Traveloka-wide easily accessible platform.
- Oversee the Operations Manager in conducting post project/program/training/initiative evaluations, including capturing relevant, timely feedback, and incorporating successes and areas for improvement into future iterations of the programs.
- Creating and managing learning roll-out plans to ensure key deliverables and deadlines are met, potential roadblocks and risks are anticipated, escalated and solved for, and quality and alignment across programs are delivered.
- Develop and oversee learning budgets to ensure they stay on track and the team has adequate funding.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to develop, maintain, manage, and update the knowledge as content resource documentation and to ensure that the know-how is "preserved" within and disseminated to advance the organisation.
- Collaborate and coordinate across the Traveloka Academy team and stakeholders at large for shared visibility of learning material development, program timelines, communication, training initiatives and its success metrics.
- Address concerns raised and provide guidance on issues related to employees' learning and development programs.
- Influence organisational development
- Oversee the learning & development programmes and provide suggestions to the Heads of Department for training topics based on emerging needs from the business and learners competencies.
- Work closely with the Heads of Department and other upper management stakeholders to foster alignment on business goals, project priorities, optimisation of learning processes, and the team's structure with company-wide organisational structure.
- Provide performance review feedback to the team, especially to direct reports.
- Be willing to be accountable for the whole team’s mistakes and conduct objective debrief to learn from the mistakes to reduce/anticipate for future risks, including disseminating the learning to other team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to trust other people’s talents and to delegate authority, show the willingness to work comfortably with others, not just alone.
- Facilitate headcount planning, team movement, and hiring decisions for the Traveloka Academy needs, in close conversation with the Board.
- Address complaints and key concerns impacting the team morale and performance.
- Be a main point of contact and escalation to the Board for any Traveloka Academy projects.
- Minimum 12 years of total work experience, with at least 9 years of learning program management, or in a leadership position with a history of strong project management skills, well-versed in data-informed learning and development field.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in related area of study (for example Education, Leadership, Human Development, Learning Psychology, Teacher’s Training, Organizational Development, or other relevant areas in Tech, Data, Design, or Product management role).
- Proven experience with curriculum/module/syllabus design for programs implemented at the organisation, including rich experience with syllabus development and monitoring & evaluation.
- The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization through excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including: negotiation, constructive feedback, presentation, managing expectations).
- The ability to facilitate the right balance between not enough process (chaos) and too much (bureaucracy), including optimizing between speed, quality, and cost.
- Keen eye for details and of organised nature, highly motivated to problem solve, and the ability to calculate potential risks while anticipating unintended consequences.
- A track record of creating environments that motivate and inspire people to do their best work, by being relentlessly learner-focused with iterative mindset.
- A track record of hiring, managing, and mentoring high-performing multidisciplinary teams.
- Evidence of methodically developing the skillsets of your team members.
- Possessed maturity in thinking big picture and combined with a deep sense of accountability, adaptability, and embracing ambiguity working in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English communications (both verbal and written).
- Familiarity in using Learning Management Systems and any other digital content depository and project management tools (such as Confluence, Asana, Google Suites among others).
- Experienced presenter, facilitator, and/or learning content creator. Teaching experience and proficiency with content development and delivery is a plus.
- Deep understanding of the eCommerce and/or digital travel and lifestyle industries, extra points for having successfully delivered learning programs in/for the SE Asia and/or regional markets.