Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today Traveloka is expanding its reach by operating in six countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create a large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
The Senior Product Copywriter is an integral sense-making designer who crafts copy or content for users when using our digital product. You will advocate the importance of humanizing digital products through words, that words are nuanced, and that without words, our products would be faceless shapes with no mood nor tone of voice. You will also ensure users have the most delightful experience possible with the words you use to guide their experience through the journey on our site and app.
A problem solver, the Senior Product Copywriter has special knack for digital user interface (UI) copy and content, obsession with clarity, concern for space, interest in the visual placement of the information, and a sufficient understanding of how websites and apps are built. The latter helps him/her anticipate the copy that is needed, think up of all the possible scenarios a user may embark on and make that whole experience make sense.
The Senior Product Copywriter conducts design research by delivering research context and requirements based on research objectives, and synthesize data to draw conclusions that drive content (copy and visual) effectiveness.
In addition, you will demonstrate strong interpersonal, prioritization, and stakeholder management skills in collaborating with product team, engineers, interaction designers, visual designers and various other roles. Not only that you are collaborative, the Senior Product Copywriter brings empathy to the foreground of our efforts by understanding how a user is feeling and what their needs are while interacting with our products.
To obtain optimal product fit and quality, you are able to work on multiple tasks concurrently, possibly getting involved across end-to- end project phases, and deliver on expectations within deadlines, with high level of changes and iterations required. In addition, you need to demonstrates stakeholder management skills in partnering with internal stakeholders to develop high quality creative solutions that meet
Craft & implement UI copy and content to deliver design output
- Clarify the assigned design project scope, including its goals, requirements, and expectations
- Explore possible scenarios a user may embark on and make the whole experience make sense
- Identify good copy that shapes interactions between user and product by seeking understanding of the entire product design and development process by collaborating with fellow designers and stakeholders Create UI copy featured on the product that guides the user when navigating their way around our digital products, services, and functions within the platform to help them complete the task at hand
- Test designed copy solution with solution validation activity that meets with design spec and ready to implement in the intended platform when necessary
- Adhere to style guides in line with the brand voice and personality
- Liaise with engineers during copy implementation to ensure the designed copy is completed and implemented accurately Deliver projects in parallel with managing stakeholder engagement Consult business stakeholders to clarify requirements to ensure context, angle and user scenario accuracy, when needed
- Actively contribute to optimized usage of style guides in line with the brand voice and personality
- Experiment and develop new approaches for engaging visual storytelling to communicate product concepts or ideas to stakeholders
- Champion copy as an integral part of the design process from the very start and not to be treated as an afterthought by promoting the importance of language and not letting bad copy let the product down
- Participate in design research as part of producing copy and testing specifications for new copy ideas, in addition to brainstorming, synthesizing, and design critic sessions
- Drive and develop cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms (web, app) and touch points
- Refine overall content design strategy by carrying out regular analysis and health-checks on existing copy covering product metrics such as daily sessions, time-on-page, goal completion rate
- Collaborate with Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, and UI Developers to ensure that the product layout and copy work harmoniously together.
- Plan the copy style in accordance with the target audience with various backgrounds
- Recognise as many constraints as possible – including potential threats, unintended risks, and problems before it arises – as anticipation to inform the continuous development and iteration of the products and its features to work within the constraints
Construct design research studies
- Ascertain research objectives are relevant to the project's goals and design scope, including the formulation of the research questions
- Identify the methodology and methods, create research tools, and define sampling strategy and research participants, based on the framing of the research objective and research question
- Understand the research context based on stakeholders' goals, requirements, and expectations, and clarify when required
- Determine logistics for and scheduling needs of design research studies
- Draft essential documents that will protect the mutual interests of research participants and company
Conduct design research studies, particularly copy testing
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market conditions using the most appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and tools
- Conduct usability and copy testing of prototypes, and secondary research using appropriate methods and tools if required
- Analyse user feedback on the feasibility of UI copy and content performance in the user interface, and recommend refinements and iterations to the design based on usability and concept testing results
- Complete the research process and monitor its relevancy and effectiveness with close cooperation with stakeholders, especially on the improved quality of user interaction based on test results and recommendations
Analysis and abductive data synthesis towards dissemmination
- Draw conclusions from design research finding, craft actionable insights, and identify design opportunity areas
- Uncover trends and patterns based on analysis gathered to enrich insights and inspire opportunity areas
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to dissemminate design research insights
- Facilitate and gain mutual action items to apply the research insights and opportunity areas into actionable design ideas
Facilitate and drive user-centricity application during product innovation cycle with stakeholders
- Initiate, organise, and execute multidisciplinary and cross-functional workshops, sprints, or meetings that consider the holistic aspects of user desirability, business viability, and technological feasibility for products and features across the business domains
- Assist product teams in framing business problems using a design perspective in considering users' latent needs
- Provide technical guidance to various stakeholders
- Between 3-5 years overall work experience as a hands-on Writer in the industry (education background could range from Creative Writing, Journalism, Marketing & Communication, or any other relevant disciplines; or Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Design, or other related field, with equivalent practical design experience).
- Portfolio that showcases copywriting craft (and its application of copywriting principles) with some level of understanding of the Human Centered Design methodology (along with its methods and tools), willingness to learn and iterate, and passionate about design and storytelling.
- Experience working with web or mobile based products and services, and producing copies for digital product and/or content and/or marketing communications.
- Excellent in English communication (both verbal and written).
- A deep sense of accountability, adaptability, and embracing ambiguity working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- An evidence of performing in a multidisciplinary design, business, and tech team is a plus.
- Some understanding of the eCommerce and/or digital travel and lifestyle industries, extra points for having successfully deliver products in/for the SE Asia and/or regional markets.
- The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization through excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including: negotiation, constructive feedback, presentation, managing expectations, resolve conflicts).
- Effective integration of copy with design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to digital experiences.
If this sounds like you, let us know you exist! With you as a Senior Product Copywriter, we will make sure that technical complexities are translated into delightful copy that enriches our products and enhances users’ experience when using Traveloka.
Additional information about Traveloka Design
The Traveloka Design team is tasked with the role of humanising interactions with users, business partners, and processes to enhance values in achieving the business objectives.
Our ultimate goal is to become high-performing Designers with the most relevant expertise in understanding human values and life experiences using systematic approaches (such as the Human Centred Design methodology) in delighting users and customers through Traveloka product offerings that meet their (latent) needs.
Comprises of people from the Design, Architecture, Social Sciences, Journalism, and Computer Science background, we value collaboration and empathy when it comes to producing innovative solutions.