Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. We are founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today, we are expanding our reach by operating in 8 countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
The Interaction Designer is responsible for certain phases of design projects assigned to him/her to be implementing into outputs such as design research reports, usability testing reports, wireframes and recommended user flow screens, and/or low fidelity to high fidelity prototypes.
You will execute research to gather data and translates research insights into design outcomes and uncover new design ideas, conduct value proposition feasibility and/or user interface usability tests on prototypes and communicate results of design tests and project implementation.
The Interaction Designer works in a team. You are encouraged to uncover the latest trends in the industry and develop some business acumen to meet the needs of the organisation. You should possess mastery of interaction design fundamentals and technical skills to execute design concepts and wireframes required for mostly (but not limited to) digital products and services.
You must be able to work on multiple tasks concurrently and deliver on expectations within deadlines with high level of changes and iterations required. In addition, you must demonstrate stakeholder management skills in partnering internal stakeholders to develop quality creative solutions that meet overall business objectives and goals.
Deliver design output
- Clarify the assigned design project scope, including its goals, requirements, and expectations
- Generate ideas for new design concepts and prototypes
- Produce designs and test specifications for new ideas
- Administer experiments for testing the feasibility and usability of prototypes
- Communicate outcomes of design tests and project implementation
- Prepare relevant communication materials and samples for the UI production and development teams according to the design intent and meeting minimum requirements of the design scope
- Prototype and test proposed design solutions and iterate based on the intended design specifications to ensure its readiness to be implemented for launch in its respective platform
Perform design intelligence for design projects
- Execute primary and secondary research for data gathering
- Participate in design research and workshop activities for insights gathering
- Consolidate research findings for report preparation
- Prepare wireframes and rough UI screen flow based on findings/insights developed and iteration feedback from testing
Conduct Usability Testing
- Conduct usability and concept testing of design prototypes in laboratory setting, remotely, and real-life setting
- Analyse and synthesize user and/or expert feedback on the navigation of user interface performance, as well as overall quality of the design solution
- Recommend refinements and iterations to design based on usability and concept testing results, including identifying potential big ideas for future improvement
- Monitor the quality of the user interaction and the design from success metric performance overtime, and provide actionable insights to improve product performance
- Between 3–5 years overall work experience as a hands-on Designer in the industry (education background could range from Visual Communication Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, Service Design, or any other relevant Digital Design disciplines; or Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or other related field, with equivalent practical design experience).
- Portfolio that showcases interaction design craft (and its application of interaction design principles) with some level of understanding of the Human Centered Design methodology (along with its methods and tools), willingness to learn and iterate, and passionate about design and storytelling.
- Experience working with web or mobile based technologies using design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Balsamiq, Zeplin, ProtoPie, Miro, etc.)
- Fluency in English communications (both verbal and written).
- A deep sense of accountability, adaptability, and embracing ambiguity working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- An evidence of performing in a multidisciplinary design, business, and tech team is a plus.
- Some understanding of the eCommerce and/or digital travel and lifestyle industries, extra points for having successfully deliver products in/for the SE Asia and/or regional markets.
- The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization through excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including: negotiation, constructive feedback, presentation, managing expectations, resolve conflicts).
- Effective design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to digital experiences.
Traveloka Design team is tasked with the role of humanising technology – the one who has the most relevant expertise in understanding human values and life experiences – using systematic approaches such as the Human Centred Design methodology in delighting users and customers through Traveloka product offerings.
Comprises of people from the Design, Architecture, Social Sciences, and Computer Science background, we value collaboration and empathy when it comes to producing innovative solutions.
Read about our design journey here: https://medium.com/traveloka-design