Internal Audit Manager, has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit function. The position is responsible for ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across the Companies business and financial operations. Works to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimizing the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance of the company.
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Update/develop process documentation to support management’s SOX assessment and Model Audit Rule compliance.
- Lead scoping efforts for management’s SOX assessment and create report on final assessment of internal controls over financial reporting for the fiscal year-end for management’s review.
- Perform Internal controls assessments of acquired companies or joint venture companies and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies.
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary.
- Provide technical assistance with investigations, special audits, and provide subject-matter expertise as needed.
- Investigate and report to the Audit Committee on activity reported through Hotline/Whistleblower processes and assist in investigations.
- Attract, hire, and retain a team of high-performing audit professionals who possess outstanding knowledge, experience, ethics, and integrity.
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information systems group as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related field.
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or equivalent required
- 10 or more years’ experience in auditing or accounting in public listed company; 3 years in a Management role.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Planning and Time Management
- Effective Communication and Human Relations skills
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
- Tenacity and Ethics
- Technology Proficient (excel, word, Visio, ability to learn new software)