Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today Traveloka is expanding its reach by operating in 8 countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
In Traveloka, you will work in cross-functional teams and meet great people regularly from top tier technology, consulting, product, or academic background. We work in open environment where there are no boundaries or power distance. Everyone is encouraged to speak their mind, propose ideas, influence others, and continuously grow themselves. Get the exposure to multi-aspect, collaborative, intensive startup experience with our recent expansion into Southeast Asia and exploration of new product.
About the Role
As a part or the Local engineering team, you would be working on building highly scalable services that are able to serve location related information and services (e.g: location data, geomapping, geofencing) to all other teams in Traveloka. The domain complexity comes from the sheer scale and the fact that the information requirement from each team may differ. Other than location services, you would be also be working on weather and important dates based services such as holidays or events. You would be closely working with product managers and architects to drive both product and technology innovation.
As a software engineer in the local team, you would participate in the complete lifecycle of product/feature development from ideation and designing phase to implementation, improvement and support phase. In addition, you will be working with tech leads and product managers to identify user pain points and develop effective, reliable and scalable solutions. You’ll be expected to deliver the best in class architecture, solution and code.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in software engineering, application development, or system development
- Expertise in at least one object oriented programming language(preferably Java) and tech stack to write maintainable, scalable, unit-tested code
- Knowledge and experience in crafting solutions and build architecture design for a distributed system
- Knowledge and experience in AWS/GCP/Azure/Alicloud is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Automation and CI/CD is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in IAC (infra as a code) using Terraform is a plus
- Curiosity to explore creative solutions with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
About the Team
As one of the platform team, local team is responsible for providing all the geography related data and services to different product teams within Traveloka. Just how a 'local' person in Bali area would have knowledge that there is a province called Badung in Bali, the local team would also have these kind of information and solve related problems but at a much larger scale and complexity. Apart from solving complex engineering problems, the local team also enjoys by having gaming nights.