Traveloka is a technology driven travel E-commerce unicorn based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today Traveloka is expanding its reach by operating in 6 countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create a large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
Mobile and web software engineering is at the heart of our products and capabilities at Traveloka. As our Front End Lead Engineer, you are at the forefront of enabling and building personal, interconnected, high quality and innovative products to our million users. You will also manage a team (or teams) of engineers, growing and empowering them to accomplish great things, and ensuring that best practices, standards, and processes are adhered to.
You will roughly spend 60-80% time in engineering and product, and 20-40% time in people management and coaching depending on team size. You will need to acquire contextual breadth and depth in your product domain and manage stakeholders' expectations.
You will work in cross-functional teams and meet great people regularly from top tier technology, consulting, product, or academic background. We work in open environment where there are no boundaries or power distance. Everyone is encouraged to speak their mind, propose ideas, influence others, and continuously grow themselves. Get the exposure to multi-aspect, collaborative, intensive startup experience with our recent expansion into Southeast Asia and exploration of new products.
- >8 years of experience of Product Development for Mobile App and at least 3 years of experience in leading a team.
- Coming from a Mobile App background and have strong knowledge and experience in mobile development for Android or iOS; having work on both is definitely a plus. Knowledge in web development is also a plus.
- Actively hands-on and involved in implementation/coding is a must as you need to spend at least 50% of your time in product implementation.
- Experience in automation tests for Mobile apps is a plus.
- Passion in mobile software engineering and mobile products
- Excellent understanding of software engineering and mobile application concepts, design patterns, and algorithms.
- Excellent leadership skills in technical, interpersonal, communication, and influence skills.
- Passion in leading teams and growing people
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university.