About Trava: Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Trava exists to protect small and midsize businesses from the potential damage of cyber threats. By integrating assessment, mitigation, and insurance into one, convenient cyber risk management platform, Trava enables business owners and IT professionals to operate secure, productive businesses without fear of interruption or loss caused by cyber incidents.
About this role: Trava is looking for a passionate Senior Security Engineer to help us design and build a world-class cyber security assessment platform. This person will work with our development team to develop new security assessment techniques, develop and improve algorithms to classify security vulnerabilities and drive the overall direction of cyber security within the company. The ideal candidate will have a strong and strategic understanding of cyber security, assessment, risk analysis and automation.
What we look for in team members: We are all life-long learners, and we value people who share that curiosity. As a startup we don't always know all the answers, so being able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty is important. We look for people who are brave when it comes to trying new things, and we look to everyone on the team to contribute and speak up. And finally, we like to have fun. While we take our work seriously, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We're looking for teammates who join us for a laugh!
What You’ll Do:
- Research cybersecurity trends and emerging threats
- Evaluate and design security assessment techniques and tools to collect security posture information about our customers
- Develop techniques to classify and score security risks
- Develop integration plans for new assessment technologies, including prototyping integration approaches
- Work with Sales and Services teams to deliver world-class security solutions to our customers
- Analyze internal software for security threats, and advise the development team on secure development lifecycle processes
- Consult with company leadership on overall security direction
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years cybersecurity experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools and risk assessment techniques
- Proven ability to research and understand current cybersecurity threat landscape
- Experience with automation using modern development platforms
- Experience working with development organizations
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong communication and leadership skills
What Matters to Us:
- We are obsessed with our customers’ success
- We are transparent and honest with our customers, our business partners, and each other
- We advocate for diversity in all its forms
- We believe that laughter makes us more productive
- We take care of ourselves and our families so that we can bring our very best to Trava
Trava is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.