About Trava: Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Trava exists to protect small and midsize businesses from the potential damage of cyber threats. By integrating assessment, mitigation, and insurance into one, convenient cyber risk management platform, Trava enables business owners and IT professionals to operate secure, productive businesses without fear of interruption or loss caused by cyber incidents.
About this role: In this role, you will be the first interaction new prospects have with Trava (prospects include small and medium-sized businesses in industries such as SaaS, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, etc.). Ultimately, the SDR is responsible for presenting high-quality opportunities to the sales team, and you will own prospecting, lead qualification, and scheduling of initial meetings.
What we look for in team members: We are all life-long learners, and we value people who share that curiosity. As a startup we don't always know all the answers, so being able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty is important. We look for people who are brave when it comes to trying new things, and we look to everyone on the team to contribute and speak up. And finally, we like to have fun. While we take our work seriously, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We're looking for teammates who will join us for a laugh!
What You’ll Do:
- Prospecting: Responsible for owning prospecting activities (fielding inbound inquiries and performing outbound outreach) and for scheduling initial meetings / demos. You’ll identify qualified prospects, contact them (via email, phone, and/or social media), and manage activities in Trava’s CRM (currently HubSpot).
- Sales Support: You will work with the sales team in the demo-to-close and post-sales processes. This includes attending demos, learning how to position and promote Trava’s offerings, and helping sales with the demo-to-close process.
- Marketing Support: You will also work with marketing to perform market research in order to identify target prospects. In addition, you will help execute lead-generation campaigns and follow up on leads generated from those campaigns. As marketing activities generate inbound leads, you will help qualify those leads and deliver them to the sales team or enroll them in marketing-driven nurture campaigns, as appropriate.
- Process Improvement: We need leaders in every role, and we’ll need your help in improving the SDR process and role. You will help us identify new trends and opportunities for the SDR function to be highly effective and an integral part of the marketing and sales organization.
- Achievement and Accountability: You will help set and measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly activity targets and goals.
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of experience in SaaS, ideally in a sales development or other sales role.
- Ability to quickly learn technology and to speak with confidence about Trava.
- A knack for getting to the “right people” and creating relationships with decision-makers.
- Self-motivation: You’re the kind of person who sees an opportunity and tackles it head on!
- You love people, default to helping when you see an unmet need, and you have awesome communication skills.
- Resilience: Sales prospecting is challenging work, and you won’t win over every prospect. You need to have a resilient attitude and a willingness to treat every email, call, and day as a new opportunity to make a connection with someone Trava can help.
What Matters to Us:
At its heart, Trava is a team. We excel in our individual disciplines, but real magic happens when we work together to elevate our goals and achievements. We challenge each other to dream bigger and stretch our capabilities beyond what we initially believe is possible. We make each other laugh and support each other. Transparency is a priority, internally and with our partners and customers.
We value unique backgrounds, experience, and perspectives—diversity of thought strengthens our team. Managers trust employees to get their work done whenever and wherever they are most productive. We take time off seriously, because people do their best work when they are well rested and inspired. Above all, we do whatever it takes to make our customers successful—when they win, we win.
Trava is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.