About Trava: Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Trava exists to protect small and midsize businesses from the potential damage of cyber threats. By integrating assessment, mitigation, and insurance into one, convenient cyber risk management platform, Trava enables business owners and IT professionals to operate secure, productive businesses without fear of interruption or loss caused by cyber incidents.
About this role: You will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to create awareness, inspire teams, generate leads, and drive engagement with content. Our ideal candidate is a driven, resourceful marketer and skilled strategist ready to own content creation and promotion from idea to completion. We’re looking for an innovative, creative, and ambitious thinker who is able to roll up his/her/their sleeves to strategize and execute content marketing that drives a big impact.
What we look for in team members: We are all life-long learners, and we value people who share that curiosity. As a startup we don't always know all the answers, so being able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty is important. We look for people who are brave when it comes to trying new things, and we look to everyone on the team to contribute and speak up. And finally, we like to have fun. While we take our work seriously, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We're looking for teammates who will join us for a laugh!
What You’ll Do:
- Allow Trava’s impact and brand story to shine by writing all types of marketing content (SEO articles, blog posts, ebooks, case studies, sales enablement collateral, etc.)
- Explore and develop premium content formats (podcasts, webinars, videos, speaking engagement presentations, etc.)
- Create and maintain an integrated content calendar to track content production, distribution, and performance
- Cultivate a following or community around the topics of cybersecurity, insurance, risk management, etc.
- Collaborate with a freelance contractor to create and manage engaging social media content
- Research and initiate channel partner co-marketing opportunities
- Strategize with Sales and Product teams, as well as with Trava’s customers, to understand customers’ stories, pain points, and Trava’s solutions
- Identify content performance KPIs and continue to refine content strategies based on performance metrics
What We’re Looking For:
- A self-starter with a willingness to take ownership
- Stellar writing skills and an innate ability to tell compelling stories that engage, educate, and deliver genuine value
- Results-oriented contributor with an ability to evaluate and prioritize content based on impact and results
- Proven track record of cultivating or growing a brand’s audience through content, social media, or fostering other communities
- Genuine interest in advancing remote / distributed work and virtual team collaboration
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to join a fast-growing startup environment and build from the ground up
- An ability to move quickly, juggle competing priorities, and adapt to our rapidly changing and growing market
- 3-5 years of experience in content, social media, or related marketing or editorial roles
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and/or insurance industry a plus
What Matters to Us:
At its heart, Trava is a team. We excel in our individual disciplines, but real magic happens when we work together to elevate our goals and achievements. We challenge each other to dream bigger and stretch our capabilities beyond what we initially believe is possible. We make each other laugh and support each other. Transparency is a priority, internally and with our partners and customers.
We value unique backgrounds, experience, and perspectives—diversity of thought strengthens our team. Managers trust employees to get their work done whenever and wherever they are most productive. We take time off seriously, because people do their best work when they are well rested and inspired. Above all, we do whatever it takes to make our customers successful—when they win, we win.
Trava is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.