Who We Are
Founded in 1980 as Aardvark Financial, TransMarket Group (TMG) is a privately held global markets proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, Puerto Rico, and Switzerland. We use next-generation technology to capture opportunities around the world and manage risk in financial markets. Our mission is to bless others through the services we provide and through the generous stewardship of the wealth we create.
TMG is a well-established and profitable business as a respected member of the global financial system for over 40 years, but also is like a startup because the potential of our group is at least one order of magnitude greater than what we are currently producing. We have an entrepreneurial culture and collaboratively develop our business with patience and discipline; we work hard, learn constantly, and relentlessly improve our expertise.
Our Quantitative Traders are passionate about improving the global economy by facilitating risk transfer and restoring order to prices. At TransMarket Group you will be called on to work with teammates to eliminate inefficiencies and manage risk in the world’s financial markets. As a Junior Trader, you will gain early exposure to real time trading in order to develop situational awareness and a deep understanding of the market. In collaboration with Senior Traders and development through our formalized education program, you will have the scope to utilize risk management and strategic thinking skills to guide trades and explore new trading opportunities. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, strives for continual improvement, has a disciplined appetite for risk, and is dedicated to mastering their market. View our resources to help prepare for the interview process.
- Partner with Senior Traders to assist in and learn all facets of trading.
- Develop expertise in relative value market fundamentals, quantitative modeling, and risk management.
- Build and maintain quantitative model tools and analytics.
- Manage real-time execution of semi-automated trading system.
- Learn and analyze real-time trades.
- Research and improve upon trading strategies.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree in a technical or industry related field.
- Strongly recommended coursework or self-taught subjects: Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus, Probability.
- Experience with C++, C#, Visual Basic, and other computer programming languages preferred.
- Ability to program in Python.
- Demonstrated passion for financial markets, finance, and trading.
- Deep understanding of finance, math, and statistics.
- Attention to detail and the ability to make sound judgments under pressure.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment.
- This position requires physical presence and is onsite at our office in Chicago, IL.
We offer one of the most generous profit sharing programs in the industry because we believe our employees should be able to take part in our rapid growth and success. We are proud to offer more world-class benefits for our full-time employees and their families.
TransMarket Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.