# Who we are
We are a well-established independent agency and thriving music business, built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional ad agency. That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious, but we’re also a tight-knit crew.
# What's the role?
We are looking for a Social Community Manager with experience in managing a premium brand community across a range of social channels. We are looking for a high energy individual with the ability to prioritize and quickly re-prioritize based on what is happening in culture and the community. Fantastic attention to detail is required to deliver at a high pace with flawless execution. You have a strong grasp of cultural trends and social issues, with a passion for American music (specifically hip-hop) & sports culture (specifically basketball).
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Working closely with the Social Strategy & Creative teams, you will help to define how to grow and develop the community from fans to advocates, and execute against set objectives
- Owning all social engagements across platforms, managing comments, publishing content and managing community engagement, maintaining a consistent voice and tone and volume of daily posts across platforms
- Partner with Strategist and Data Strategy leads to define social strategies and develop the client facing social media report sharing the highlights and analysis from the community
- Constantly track performance in partnership with the data strategy team and test new content formats to drive future content enhancements and recommendations
- Share insights gained from community engagement, weekly data reports, social trends and new social features with the larger social team
- Represent the voice of the social community within the larger client group, elevating community stories and wins and potential issues
- Manage and share a collaborative content calendar, keeping the agency and client teams actively engaged and inputting into editorial approach
- Develop a deep understanding the community you are engaging with while while executing against a daily content plan, while elevating real-time content opportunities
- Demonstrate, evangelize and live the core values of the agency
- Incorporate the passion, excitement and experience of one’s MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of agencies deliverables.
# Who are we looking for?
You are results and bottom-line oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are thick-skinned and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
# What will set you up for success
- Proven track record of managing a premium brand social community
- Ability to consistently deliver brand tone of voice in social copy and high volume of social posts daily
- Experience managing Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube & Twitch handles
- Experience working under tight deadlines in a high pressure, always-on environment
- Ability to understand and appropriately react to social trends and platform developments
- Experience developing strong & productive client relationships
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change
- Strong sense of ownership of workflow and good collaboration with internal and client teams
- Entrepreneurial disposition and comfort in a fast-paced environment, must be able to move in concert with multiple departments and react quickly to an evolving cultural landscape.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Digitally savvy; MUST be proficient in Google and Microsoft Office suite, Box, Keynote, Slack and social media management systems
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling.
Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.