Job Title: Business Affairs Manager
Work Status: Full-time
Reports To: Director of Business Affairs
Who are we looking for?
The Business Affairs Manager is an Agency expert on the talent contracts (SAG and Non-Union), vendor and talent estimates, negotiations, contracts and rights and clearance in partnership with agency legal counsel. The Business Affairs Manager will work with Producers and the Director of Business Affairs on overseeing content production, including broadcast, print, and digital projects across all clients.
The Business Affairs Manager is an integral member of the Production Team and overall creative process, and is comfortable in a fast paced, non-traditional organization with an entrepreneurial and creatively driven atmosphere. This person is a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and able to work in a fast-paced creative environment.
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Review creative materials and advise Agency teams on talent, copyright and intellectual property issues and advise on next steps (in tandem with agency legal counsel)
- Participate in project scoping discussions, providing Producers and Client teams with accurate estimates for talent session fees, usage, residuals, and all other talent and music related costs of production
- Work with Legal on conducting trademark searches for proposed branding, taglines, signage, design etc
- Manage vendor relationships ensuring compliance with Client SOWs and MSAs
- Work with the Dewitt Stern team to evaluate production insurance concerns as necessary
- Create and issue appropriate award documents including production contract, insurance, licenses, talent agreements, and vendor SOWs
- Review scripts, rough cuts, and final creative for risk or clearance concerns in tandem with agency legal counsel
- Closing of projects with Finance and ensuring all pertinent info is housed in Job Jackets and Completion Reports
What The Role Requires
- Demonstrate, evangelize and live the core values of the agency.
- Incorporate the passion, excitement and experience of one’s MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of agencies deliverables.
- Must be an excellent quick thinker, multi-tasker and go-getter
- Work well as part of a team, with a range of people, but also be action oriented as an individual (in other words: that entrepreneurial spirit).
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and maturity.
- Be able to work under pressure and move with the storms of pitches, brainstorming sessions, and tight deadlines with flexible agility, a good sense of humor, and solid focus.
- Experience in building solid relationships with team players: account, creative, production, and finance.
- Able to meet deadlines with accuracy and minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Professional, friendly demeanor with extremely strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.
- Knowledgeable in both Non-Union and Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Commercial’s Contract
- 5 years of relevant creative agency experience with knowledge of Broadcast Production and/or Talent Management.
- 4-Year College Degree preferred.