Junior Data Strategist
New York, NY
# Who are we?
Translation is an independent company built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do. Everyone at Translation has a major (what it says on our email signatures) and a minor (our secret superpowers). We are creators, collectors, historians, and more. And in everything we do, we allow our expert fluency across different pockets of culture to inform the boardroom and elevate the work.
We were founded, and are still run by, an entrepreneur – not a traditional “ad guy.” That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious, but we’re also a tight-knit crew.
# What's the role?
As a part of the Data Strategy team, you will analyze and interpret data in order to provide a deeper understanding of client’s business problems and gain insights into target audiences. You will sit at the nexus of our organization and help to create impactful, integrated, and measurable campaigns that drive culture forward. You will use data to uncover cultural insights that surface opportunities, meaning for brands, and contribute to the strategic direction of client work.
# What you’ll do
- Analyze historical data across paid, earned and owned social media, and identify patterns
- Monitor, track and evaluate campaign performance analytics, based on critical client metrics
- Conduct exploratory data analysis with structured and unstructured data to develop insights and recommendations across creative, media, and social
- Create and deliver campaign reports/build reporting dashboards
- Assist in creating POVs, standard methodologies, and key process documentation
- Help create client presentations providing interpretation of analytical results
# What will set you up for success
- 1-3 years of experience working in a data-driven field (agency experience preferred but not required)
- Highly analytical, with a strong intellectual curiosity, and ability to respond to and structure ambiguous requests
- Hands-on experience with data analysis and delivering insights going beyond the “what” to tell the “why” within research results
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
- Fluency in Excel
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling.
Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.