# Who we are
We are a well-established independent agency and thriving music business, built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional “ad agency.” That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious, but we’re also a tight-knit crew.
# What's the role
The Content Producer will manage content projects across a variety of clients and will work closely with the Creative Team, Account Services, Project Management, Business Affairs and Legal, managing concurrent projects. He/she may co-manage larger projects under the guidance of an Executive Producer. He/she must possess a passion for production, a great aesthetic and a creative sensibility. He/she must be a culture junkie – passionate about and constantly seeking out latest trends. He/she is responsible for seeing a job through from its inception all the way to the shipment of the finished product and closing of the job. The Producer will help execute the creative vision and make ideas come to life while managing costs within budget and adhering to deadlines. The Producer will be the primary internal contact and will manage production bids, calendars, production assignments, post-production efforts and budgets on assignments. He/she should be creative and demonstrate the ability to drive results throughout the production process.
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Manage and lead the production process from pre though post production on projects. Including management of internal teams and outside vendors.
- Develop and manage production calendars and direct the logistical flow of production from pre-production through post production.
- Control the approved budget through all phases of production. Working closely with Business Management and Executive Producer during production process as well as all follow up through closing of job.
- Work cross-department to ensure work is completed on time and within approved budgets
- Manage deliverable deadlines and internal review processes
- Act as an internal liaison; facilitating open communication between teams (production, creative, acct management, business affairs, legal, etc)
- Provide updated status on all assigned projects during status meetings
- Consult with Executive Producer, creative, account, research and legal staffs from inception of ideas through completion of production.
- Evaluate, solicit bids from, and negotiate with production vendors judged to be best qualified to handle the particular projects at hand.
- Work with business affairs, Executive Producer and Acct teams to submit cost estimates to client for approval and ensure client processes are adhered to at all times.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
# Who are we looking for?
You are results and bottom-line oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are “thick-skinned” and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
# What will set you up for success
- 5+ years of Production experience at a creative driven agency (preferably across multiple formats: Broadcast-short form and long form content, Radio, Print and Digital).
- Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve potential production issues, plan calendars and scheduling and keep project on track.
- Solid understanding of the creative process and what it takes to deliver creative excellence
- Superb written and communications skills are vital to this role
- Professional, friendly demeanor with extremely strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Passion and knowledge of latest content trends (music, visual effects, media, distribution, directors, films, social media platforms)
- Passion and knowledge of latest trends in culture
- Basic knowledge of SAG and talent
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences a scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling.
Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.