Director of Social Engagement
# Who we are
We are a well-established independent agency and thriving music business, built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional “ad agency.” That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious, but we’re also a tight-knit crew.
# What's the role?
Translation is looking for a Director of Social Engagement with experience in leading a team to develop, create, implement and manage social publishing across multiple brands. A deep understanding of how to inspire a team to create and publish content at the speed of culture while keeping a close eye on the trends and analytics to make smart, informed decisions to drive the brands’ objectives is crucial to success in this position. A strong grasp of cultural trends and social issues is a must and a passion for American music (specifically hip-hop) & sports culture (specifically basketball) is a huge advantage.
Working closely with the senior leadership of each client and the agency leadership you will be responsible for ensuring solutions are strategic, culture-forward and seamlessly connected to other work streams on any project/client but created incredibly efficiently (time and money).
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Oversee and lead the strategic framework developed by the team, ensuring consistency across all elements of creative development and implementation across one or more brands
- Oversee and lead the development and maintenance of content strategies to connect with and engage various audiences across one more more brands
- Oversee and lead approach to and execution of real-time content creation by the team, ensuring efficient, speed of culture creative solutions for social publishing across one or more brands
- Oversee the analyzation of data inputs from social media platforms, digital media, and owned digital channels and how they influence our future actions across one or more brands
- Oversee the ongoing monitoring of SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Oversee the ongoing channel management and response recommendations and real-time response actions across one or more brands
- Work in lockstep with Translation creative leadership of each client to ensure seamless creative solutions
- Align with Translation’s strategic and account leadership to ensure client service is fully integrated and flawless
- Participate in new business opportunities on behalf of Social team
- Prioritize work across multiple deliverables to satisfy both short- and long-term priorities
- Manage performance reviews, coaching to maximize success, identifying training needs for improved performance, setting goals for career development and ensuring actions are taken across social team
- Represent the expert voice of social within the entire organization. Elevate department success while educating the wider group on the impact of social media
- Demonstrate, evangelize and live the core values of the agency
# Who are we looking for?
You have an outstanding portfolio that displays deft social strategy, data analysis and the social media landscape understanding with strategic prowess that has yielded both business and newsworthy results. You possess a strong sense of ownership over the social content creation process, executing efficient content creation solutions with a nimble team. Along with an entrepreneurial disposition and comfort in a fast-paced environment, you are able to move in concert with multiple departments and respond quickly to an evolving cultural landscape.
# What will set you up for success
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a role focusing on social media planning and content creation
- Fluent grasp of the current and future digital and social media ecosystem inclusive of organic and paid media
- Proven track record of delivering premium social data analysis and strategy
- Expert knowledge of social listening and social media management tools
- Expert knowledge of efficient content creation and asset management
- Ability to lead content creators and elevate cut-through ideas that can be quickly and efficiently executed
- Ability to lead a team of cross-functional disciplines to build a complete social media team
- Experience working under tight deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Experience developing strong & productive client relationships
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change
- Clear and persuasive communication skills with a knack for storytelling both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- A deep pursuit and passion for something that informs your perspective on culture
- Exceptional conceptual ability, creativity, and resourcefulness
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling.
Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements -- and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.