# Who we are
We are a well-established independent agency and thriving music business, built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional “ad agency.” That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious, but we’re also a tight-knit crew.
# What's the role
The Manager of Business Affairs is a Mid-Level Business Manager who supports the Content Production Department, and is comfortable in a fast paced, non-traditional organization with an entrepreneurial and creatively driven atmosphere.
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Prepare ballpark estimates with producer(s).
- Attend pre bid meetings.
- Prepare business affairs specification sheets (production/casting) that incorporate agency/client guidelines.
- Responsible for Insurance needs (production, weather, and cast), declaration preparation, etc.
- Prepare agency estimates (TBD excel or Advantage based pending client).
- Act as liaison with Client’s Ad Service personnel and production consultants.
- Must impart client production guidelines to all production and Business Leadership colleagues.
- Issue all business affairs-related paperwork (i.e., contracts, insurance documents, purchase orders, and talent session reports).
- Approve invoices and track vendor invoices, working with finance to facilitate vendor payment.
# Who are we looking for?
You are results and bottom-line oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are “thick-skinned” and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
# What will set you up for success
- Demonstrate, evangelize and live the core values of the agency.
- Incorporate the passion, excitement and experience of one’s MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of agencies deliverables.
- Must be an excellent quick thinker, multi-tasker and go-getter with experience in both production and talent management.
- Work well as part of a team, with a range of people, but also be action-oriented as an individual (in other words: that entrepreneurial spirit).
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and maturity.
- Be able to work under pressure and move with the storms of pitches, brainstorming sessions, and tight deadlines with flexible agility, a good sense of humor, and solid focus.
- Experience in building solid long term relationships with team players: account, client, creative, production, senior management.
- Ability to manage a project from start to finish as well as oversee general production of multiple projects at one time.
- Solid understanding of the creative process and what it takes to deliver creative excellence.
- Proven track record in prioritizing a heavy workload and multi-tasking.
- Able to meet deadlines with accuracy and minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Professional, friendly demeanor with extremely strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.\
- 5-7 years of relevant experience with a strong knowledge of Broadcast Production.
- Familiar with AICP and AICE forms, with ability to analyze production and editorial bids.
- Must negotiate with suppliers in cooperation with the agency producer.
- Knowledge of foreign production.
- Knowledge of Advantage estimating and accounting systems is preferable, but not mandatory (will train).
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Digitally savvy; MUST be skilled in Google and Microsoft Office suite (Mac OS).
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences a scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling.
Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.