# Who we are
We are a well-established independent agency and thriving music business, built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do. We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional “ad agency.” That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious, but we’re also a tight-knit crew.
# What's the role
The Account Supervisor is responsible for overall agency service and activities on one or more accounts, and general (daily) supervision of Business Leadership staff members on assigned accounts. (S)he will also work towards building strong, lasting client relationships based on progress in achieving the clients’ marketing objectives with efficiency – resulting in overall client satisfaction and profit for the agency.
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Effectively support assigned accounts with the primary goal being strong client partnerships in pursuit of achieving set objectives.
- Be a trusted partner across all internal departments to help us develop impactful and ground-breaking ideas and work
- Drive internal and external communications (written, virtual, in person) across the account in a clear, comprehensive and concise manner.
- Make certain the agency’s presentation support materials are consistent with clients’ expectations and internal standard of the agency’s quality.
- Be alert and aware of opportunities to grow existing accounts or opportunities outside of the agency that might be a good fit for Translation.
- Supervise and effectively manage the execution of approved ideas/tactics in partnership with internal creative and production partners.
- Manage and grow account executive and assistant account executives on the account, teaching the effective ways of supporting the agency team and client partners.
- Demonstrate confidence and level-headed decision-making on assigned accounts.
- Anticipate and address potential internal or client relationship issues, managing up to leaders across the business and organization.
- Remain in touch with all matters and new as it pertains to clients and their respective industries; be conversant in their key issues, competitive situation, industry trends, and the projects assigned the agency as well as other communication partners.
- Understand and support Business Lead on financial management of account/s understanding/managing out of pocket billings and P&L as it relates to specific account scopes of work.
- Participate as requested or interested in new business development efforts.
- Contribute to a working environment that encourages and supports a positive mindset about the work as well as the client and agency staff that is involved.
- Respond to pressures of work volume and time requirements in a way that is consistent, appropriate and positive for both you and the agency long-term.
- Encourage and demonstrate unity and empathy behind team and agency-wide decision-making.
# Who are we looking for?
You are results and bottom-line oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are “thick-skinned” and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
# What will set you up for success
- Demonstrate, evangelize and live the core values of Translation.
- Incorporate the passion, excitement and experience of one’s MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of agencies deliverables.
- Be a model example of adherence to agency processes and bring the broader team along.
- Possess and deliver excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to present thoughts clearly, accurately, and succinctly.
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and maturity.
- Possess excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Have the proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle pressure, while consistently paying attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change and move at the “speed of culture”.
- 4+ years of agency or allied communications industry experience that ensures your understanding of advertising, marketing, media, creative, production, public relations, research, agency finance, etc.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Digitally savvy; MUST be skilled in Google and Microsoft Office suite (Mac OS).
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences a scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling. Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.