# Who we are
We are a well-established independent agency and thriving music business, built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do. We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional “ad agency.” That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious, but we’re also a tight-knit crew.
# What's the role
The Director of Business Development is a highly collaborative, influential, and experienced leader responsible for initiating and closing new business opportunities, which significantly accelerate Translation’s growth and profitability. This position achieves these goals by developing and implementing the company’s business development strategy and tactics.
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Work closely with management team to create, administer, and implement the business development strategies and tactics for the company.
- Identify, evaluate, solicit, and follow-up with targets through multiple sales, communications, and marketing methods (eg, tapping existing brand CMO/Marketing contacts, cold calling, virtual/in-person conference attendance, agency social media, public relations, presentations, etc.)
- Initiate and develop relationships with key prospects to identify and meet prospects’ business needs.
- Pitch capabilities and communicate unique selling proposition based on prospect needs and Translation’s capabilities
- Create and customize presentations and other sales materials along with scopes of work.
- Respond to RFPs, and work with Project Management team to write and/or package credentials and manage the proposal response process from start to finish.
- Establish and achieve sales goals, metrics, and milestones. Track and report on progress and success.
- Demonstrate passion for pop culture/multicultural entertainment/sports/brands and possess understanding of client’s needs in these areas.
- Capture prospect and market needs and trends and consult with executive leadership and internal teams for solution development.
# Who are we looking for?
You are personable, smart, passionate, and friendly. You are professional, persistent, and mature. You are very proactive and have a hands-on mentality. You are a close-knit partner with your teammates; equally, you can handle your own projects and take responsibility for them from beginning to end. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions beyond our work lives. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you. .
# What will set you up for success
- Proven prior experience and a book of contacts with brand CMOs and marketers.
- 7-10 years experience in business development/sales/account management (creative/social agency, media company, content company are a plus), including exposure to and/or activity in: selling, negotiating, closing deals and developing relationships.
- A keen passion for all things sports, music and pop culture.
- Must be fully adept in creating impactful proposals, sales tools, decks, product one-sheets, etc.
- Possess and deliver solid written and verbal communication skills, constantly developing your ability to present thoughts clearly, accurately, and succinctly in both forms of communication.
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and maturity.
- Possess excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Have the proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle pressure, while consistently paying attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Exercise the ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences a scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling. Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.