# Who we are
We are a well-established independent agency and thriving music business, built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional “ad agency.” That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious, but we’re also a tight-knit crew.
# What's the role
Translation is looking for a Senior CW/AD team with 6+ years experience and an outstanding portfolio that displays clear conceptual thinking, the ability to translate core ideas into multiple iterations and a passion for storytelling. Must have an inspired approach to creative problem solving with a strong grasp of cultural trends and social issues. A comprehensive understanding of American sports and music culture is important as well as ability to concept across a range of tones from humor to serious.
This team strives to elevate department success while enthusiastically nurturing creative support talent. Team should possess a strong sense of ownership over the whole process, collaborating seamlessly with account, strategy and production teams. Along with an entrepreneurial disposition and comfort in a fast-paced environment, must be able to move in concert with multiple departments and react quickly to an evolving spectrum of agency and client needs.
Essential Responsibilities You’ll Own
- Conceiving and implementing creative ideas, concepts and strategies in multiple client endeavors while working with teams to oversee them to completion.
- A strong sense of leadership. The ability to elevate department success while nurturing creative support talent. Aligning with creative management to monitor team efforts and provide feedback on performance.
- Sync with project management to prioritize work across multiple deliverables to satisfy both short- and long-term priorities.
- Expert at structuring creative presentations with an enthusiasm for presenting multi-platform campaign ideas while fostering strong client relationships.
# Who are we looking for?
You are results and bottom-line oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are “thick-skinned” and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
# What will set you up for success
- Be a model example of adherence to agency processes and ensure any direct staff follows suit accordingly.
- Be a strong communicator on the team and capable of teaching staff members to be more persuasive writers and presenters.
- Possess and deliver excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to present thoughts clearly, accurately, and succinctly.
- The ability to demonstrate, evangelize, and live the core values of the agency.
- Incorporate the passion, excitement and experience of one’s MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of agencies deliverables.
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and maturity.
- Have the proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle pressure, while consistently paying attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Exercise the ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Digitally savvy; MUST be proficient in Google and Microsoft Office suite.
About Translation Enterprises
Translation Enterprises, composed of Translation LLC and UnitedMasters, is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences a scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling. Translation was founded on the power of culture to propel discourses, trends, and movements - and more importantly, be the most unapologetic determinant of what is relevant. For over 15 years, Translation has partnered with brands and creators to build and grow disruptive platforms that foster deeper community engagement. This experience has given us unparalleled insight into the dynamics of culture and affinities that link people together. Backed by Alphabet, Andreessen Horowitz, and 21st Century Fox, we are reimagining how brands and artists tell their stories, create value, and push culture forward.