New York, NY
TRANSLATION – Creative
# Who are we?
We are an Agency of creative entrepreneurs actively engaged in the culture in which we work. Every member of our team, from CEO to intern, pursues a personal passion within contemporary culture in addition to their job title.
So, while we are a company of writers and strategists and account managers, we are equally a team of photographers and fashion designers and food critics. These 'majors and minors' are central to how we as an Agency live the culture in which we work.
Today’s generation of consumers share a mental complexion—a collective mindset of cultural experiences and values—rather than identifying via superficial demographic boxes. We interpret the shared values and interests of this generation for leading brands seeking to connect with this exceptionally diverse, networked, and culturally literate audience. Inspired by this generation, we craft ideas that resonate in culture beyond advertising alone.
Our ideas take many forms, from TV spots to brand launches, product development to music programs, social campaigns to emerging platforms—the common thread in all our work is a firm commitment to transformative engagements that get powerful business results for our clients. Translation is the bridge between true consumer insight and brand aspiration.
The Creative Directors are the creative lead on multiple lines of business. Translation is looking for a CD team (can apply solo or with a partner). You will continually review and optimize the work your team produces, and work with leadership to establish effective ways to lead teams and process. You are tasked with creating innovative integrated campaigns that have an instant, positive impact on the target audience and the client.
- Help to lead and win new business pitches
- Review and optimize the work your team produces, while making sure they are developing as creative problem solvers.
- Mentor junior and mid-level teams
- Provide high level concept guidance and approvals
- Work with Group Creative Directors, Context Strategy and Project Managers on internal team relationships and process
- Collaborate with Leadership to properly get projects and process off the ground
- Assist in developing company wide creative processes including voice and content workshops, brief sessions, high priority brainstorms, emerging technology and social opportunities, and innovating on campaign work
- Always give constructive feedback.
- Support GCDs and Leadership in hiring and staffing plans
- Support GCDs in approving and conducting performance reviews
- Communicate well. Manage up to the GCDs and leadership, and down to your teams
- Have a strong creative vision and understanding of client/ agency business needs and objectives.
- Attend and provide leadership in high priority project brief and kick off sessions
- Act as a dotted line to senior leadership, including C level stake-holders, ensuring that work is outstanding creatively and meets all brand objectives, while providing clear support and communication to the senior team on all current initiatives.
- 8+ years experience spanning editorial, design, agency, film, events, branded content
- Solid management experience leading teams
- Be highly creative. Like – seriously – really creative.
- Demonstrate, evangelize and live the core values of the agency.
- Incorporate the passion, excitement and experience of one’s MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of agencies deliverables.
- Empathy and the ability to clearly see the perspectives and views of others are integral, as is the ability to take creative criticism and move the work forward.
- Work well as part of a team, with a range of people, but also be action-oriented as an individual (in other words: that entrepreneurial spirit).
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and maturity
- Be able to work under pressure and move with the storms of pitches, brainstorming sessions, and tight deadlines with flexible agility, a good sense of humor, and solid focus.
- Be highly motivated and well organized.
- Keen eyes for the details are a must.
- A history working with brands and leading creative teams to create successful, culturally relevant content
- Manage your stress. Always be a positive influence on the floor and with your team
- Passion, positivity, self-motivation, perseverance
- Be adaptable, understanding and enforcing that a big idea can come from anywhere
- Have a mastery of industry best practices and be able to articulate the unique Translation POV on each
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrate the ability to present thoughts clearly, accurately, and succinctly.
- Be solution oriented for any issues you may experience
- Have an equal understanding of, and passion for, content and campaign, and foster that attitude among your team. Neither is more important than the other!
- Bachelor's degree in a directly related field, such as advertising, art or design, preferred.
- Digitally savvy; MUST be proficient in Google and Microsoft Office suite.
Please submit a digital portfolio with resume submissions.