# Who are we?
Translation is an independent company built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
Everyone at Translation has a major (what it says on our email signatures) and a minor (our secret superpowers). We are creators, collectors, historians, and more. And in everything we do, we allow our expert fluency across different pockets of culture to inform the boardroom and elevate the work.
# Who are we looking for?
You make it happen. You are passionate, determined, persistent and a collaborator. You value individual contribution but are focused on team and client success. You are hands-on, can jump in mid-way or take projects on from the beginning. Accountability and pride in your work is a must. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our experiences and our fiercely held personal passions. We are independent, not limited by anyone else’s agenda and hopefully, so are you. Translation lives at the intersection of culture, technology and storytelling and our business leaders are the hub of what pushes us, our clients and culture forward.
The Account Executive is responsible for responsible for day-to-day management of multiple projects for one or more accounts. (S)he will also work towards building strong, lasting client relationships based on progress in achieving the clients’ marketing objectives with efficiency – resulting in overall client satisfaction and profit for the agency.
- Effectively support assigned accounts with the primary goal of establishin strong client partnerships in pursuit of achieving set objectives.
- Be a trusted partner across all internal departments to help us develop impactful and ground-breaking ideas and work
- Drive internal and external communications (written, virtual, in person) across the account in a clear, comprehensive and concise manner.
- Make certain the agency’s presentation support materials are consistent with clients’ expectations of the agency’s quality.
- Be alert and aware of opportunities to grow existing accounts or opportunities outside of the agency’s current client roster that might be a good fit for Translation.
- Effectively manage the execution of approved ideas/tactics in partnership with internal creative and production partners.
- Help grow and mentor assistant account executives on the account, teaching the effective ways on supporting the agency team and client partners.
- Demonstrate confidence and level-headed decision-making on assigned accounts.
- Address potential internal or client relationship or revenue issues, managing up to leaders across the business and organization.
- Be proactive in providing recommendations and rationale for Business Lead and client consideration.
- Research and remain in touch with all matters and new as it pertains to clients and their respective industries and audiences; be conversant in their key issues, competitive situation, industry trends, and the projects assigned the agency as well as other communication partners.
- Maintains accurate records of client conference reports, action items, and expenditures.
- Reporting status of overall account and individual assignment to internal and client stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Understand and support Business Lead on financial management of account/s.
- Participate as requested or required in new business development efforts.
- Contribute to a working environment that encourages and supports a positive mindset about the work as well as the client and agency staff that is involved.
- Respond to demands of work volume and time requirements in a way that is consistent, appropriate and positive for both you and the agency long-term.
- You must be at least a current Assistant Account Executive.
- 2+ years of agency or allied communications industry experience that ensures your general understanding of advertising, marketing, media, creative, production, public relations, research, agency finance, etc.
- Demonstrate, evangelize and live the core values of the agency.
- Incorporate the passion, excitement and experience of one’s MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of agencies deliverables.
- Be a model example of adherence to agency process and ensure your direct staff follows suit accordingly.
- Possess and deliver excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to present thoughts clearly, accurately, and succinctly.
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and maturity.
- Possess excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Have the proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle pressure, while consistently paying attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Exercise the ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Experience in effective, successful team / staff management.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Digitally savvy; MUST be skilled in Google and Microsoft Office suite (Mac preferred).