# Who are we?
As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook, Dropbox, Complex, VICE and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
- Scout talent through internal and external A&R research tools to find potential signing
- Use knowledge of the industry and growth analytics to determine potential signings
- Research talent and communicate unique qualitative and quantitative information to broader team
- Use data to understand artists strengths, weaknesses, growth opportunities, and areas where they are currently flourishing
- Become fluent in the UnitedMasters platform and know how to use our internal systems and backend to enable A&R work
- Proficient in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working experience (internships included) in research A&R
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and deliver concise information
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a high paced, iterative environment.
- Experience with MS Office, G Suite, Slack, etc
- Data and detail oriented, disciplined, and hard-working
- Love of music and a keen interest in how artists and labels present their work.
- Lover of all things related to Music and Culture