# Who are we?
As a new industry alternative for independent artists, UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Instagram, Dropbox, Complex, VICE and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
We are looking for an Artist Marketing Manager to act as a liaison between UnitedMasters and its artists and help develop the careers of those artists through creative marketing campaigns. The role will focus on developing and maintaining relationships with artists and their representatives to ensure our services are exceeding their expectations. This ideal candidate will ideate and implement marketing plans for UnitedMasters artists and coordinate the efforts for those projects across all relevant teams. This will include overseeing day-to-day artist communication, project management, strategic marketing, revenue/new business opportunities, and overall artist development. The ideal candidate for this role is highly-organized, forward-thinking, and ambitious. This individual must have a true passion for the music industry and developing the careers of artists.
# What's the role?
- Manage the development and execution of marketing campaigns and strategy for a diverse roster of artists.
- Help develop well-thought-out plans for releases and assist in long-term career planning for UnitedMasters artists.
- Participate in creative planning to ensure a continuous flow of content surrounding each artist.
- Align with artist and management for campaign updates and communicate goals and plans for each release.
- Collaborate across teams to formulate and implement digital plans, social media rollouts, and DSP campaigns.
- Oversee and lead campaign planning & strategy, product rollout, content creation, photo/video shoots, creative assets, artist travel logistics, publicity appearances, and more.
- Develop and manage itemized marketing budgets. Monitor costs over life of projects, providing guidance to all departments on budget status and managing P&Ls and KPIs.
- Utilize data analysis to continually develop and adjust campaign strategies.
- Create weekly marketing reports and communicate updates to all team members.
- Research and evaluate industry landscape and market trends to identify new and innovative exposure and revenue generating opportunities for UM artists.
- 4+ years of work experience in the music industry, or connected to the music industry. ideally in marketing, project management and/or artist relations. Experience in a start-up or other entrepreneurial environment is highly valued as well.
- Fluency with technology and experience using data analysis as a tool to inform strategic choices and solve problems.
- Agile marketing mindset: you’re able to understand the business needs, how they connect to your execution and execute in record time
- “Get it done” mentality, frequently thinking of creative ways to solve the end marketing goal
- An obsession with data, analytics and understanding the impact of your work
- Knowledge of or experience with: deep linking, attribution, marketing automation, CRM programs, SQL
- Strong project management capabilities, with a knack for working cross-functionally across many different teams to accomplish your goals
- Knowledge of music reporting tools, including Spotify Analytics, Apple Connect, Mediabase, Soundscan, and Next Big Sound.
- Strong understanding of DSP trends and the streaming business.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that display organization and attention to detail.
- Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.