# Who are we?
UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands. We enable artists to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights while introducing them to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, SoundCloud, Pandora, Facebook, Dropbox, Complex, VICE and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation.
- Design, implement and monitor data pipelines with external third party data sources
- Integrate structured and unstructured data from multiple streams into a cohesive, well-architected data warehousing architecture
- Develop fact-based cost vs. performance tradeoff recommendations for data engineering processes
- Provide first-tier operations support for data pipeline monitoring and error recovery
- Continuously improve processing performance through query and code optimization
- Identify and recommend technologies for use in future data analytics platform development
- Degree (Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D) in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Comfortable collaborating with data scientists, product managers, and product development teams to create solutions
- Strong competency with Python and SQL is a must
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL (Postgres and MongoDB recommended)
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities, with a bias for action