# Who are we?
Translation is an independent company built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
Everyone at Translation has a major (what it says on our email signatures) and a minor (our secret superpowers). We are creators, collectors, historians, and more. And in everything we do, we allow our expert fluency across different pockets of culture to inform the boardroom and elevate the work.
# What's the role
The Senior Systems Administrator serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. The successful candidate will have experience in planning, organizing and documenting complex system design activities and configuring systems to be consistent with institutional policies and procedures; communicating technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establishing and maintaining cooperation, understanding, credibility; performing multiple tasks concurrently and responding to emergency situations.
This position fully supports, configures, maintains, and upgrades networks and in-house servers. Installs and integrates new server hardware and applications. Responsible for the management and maintenance of servers, switches, routers, firewalls, software implementations, security updates, VPN gateways, file servers, intrusion detection systems and a wide range of additional technologies associated with both software and hardware within the network. Ensures that network hardware, network security components, system hardware, operating systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and procedures.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair
- Plans, implements, oversees and maintains server and network infrastructures and projects
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems and system upgrades including firmware updates, service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Juniper, Crestron and VMware and MacOS technologies
- Responsible for production support, implementation, standards/governance, integration/deployment, monitoring, and root cause analysis
- Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments, contingency plans, and procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse
- Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained
- Provide after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Manage Help Desk Staff and serve as coach to users
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and ability to configure VLAN’s and routing
- 3-4 years of systems administration experience in a mixed Windows/Mac/Juniper/Cisco environment
- Experience with the JAMF suite (CCT/CCA preferred)
- SSO experience (OneLogin, Okta)
- A/V experience
- G-Suite, Office 365, or other SaaS exposure
- Experience at a high-growth company a plus
- CCNA/Juniper Certifications