# Who are we?
Translation is an independent company built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
Everyone at Translation has a major (what it says on our email signatures) and a minor (our secret superpowers). We are creators, collectors, historians, and more. And in everything we do, we allow our expert fluency across different pockets of culture to inform the boardroom and elevate the work.
# What's the role?
Our Strategists work closely with media and analytics to create impactful, integrated, and measurable strategic platforms. They’re thought leaders who find the best approach to clearly present data that drives innovation. They uncover cultural insights that surface opportunities and meaning for brands, and create detailed, yet simple presentations that tell stories and provide recommendations that contribute to the strategic direction of client work.
- Help our most senior clients shape their marketing strategy, from sizing market opportunities and setting annual objectives, to mapping a communications architecture, audiences and messaging
- Ensure the highest quality briefs and strategic inputs are fed into the creative department, partnering with the CCO, ECDs and Account leads
- Work in partnership with Account, Media and Creative to continually drive creative and go-to-market plan excellence
- Relentlessly raise the bar of best practice across the account, pushing beyond the bounds of traditional marketing and embedding the brand into culture
- On the account’s global leadership team, provide a voice that directs the future of the account while openly collaborating with talented peers
- Partnering across all disciplines and functions of the team to find new ways to provide value for our clients and help shape the most cross functional integrated team
- Nurturing the capabilities and careers of other junior team members
- Alongside the Account and Creative leads, setting the focus and shaping content for weekly meetings with the client CMO
- 6–10+ years experience in a strategic role within an agency
- Thrive in a fast-moving category and team, providing direction on 10+ projects
- Adept at building relationships with C-Suite and SVP-level clients
- Experience in the technology category or strong interest in technology a must
- Experience developing integrated campaigns drawing on subject matter expertise in brand planning, digital and social strategy, journey planning +
- Fluency in data-driven decision making, in collaboration with Analytics peers
- Confident advising on traditional and emerging research methodologies
- Experience in B2B marketing a plus but not a mandatory
- A collaborative team player who enjoys the partnership between Account, Creative, Media and Planning