# Who are we?
Translation is an independent company built to help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
Everyone at Translation has a major (what it says on our email signatures) and a minor (our secret superpowers). We are creators, collectors, historians, and more. And in everything we do, we allow our expert fluency across different pockets of culture to inform the boardroom and elevate the work.
# What's the role?
The Senior Context Strategist plays a lead role in choreographing campaigns and designing integrated go-to-market plans that incite audience participation. It is your responsibility to gain an in-depth understanding of the people, passions, and platforms that matter most to the audience, and to rethink media in new ways to help our brand partners communicate through hyper-specific places, spaces and times where our audience will be most receptive.
- Develop communications plans that account for brand messaging across time, space, people and channels.
- Lead authorship of campaign rollouts, which demonstrate integrated sequencing of campaign elements to create the most impactful launch scenario for the brand
- Condense entire campaigns (participants, partners, press and all) into a linear, step by step narratives
- Clearly discern targeting specs to distinguish the audiences we need attention from vs. action from.
- Contribute creative concepts in the form of brand platforms, campaign concepts, or stand-alone stunts in service of our larger mission to help brands thrive in contemporary culture
- Add “centipede legs” to big idea platforms by demonstrating how we can extend the core message into overlooked and underleveraged mediums that will electrify the concept.
- Work in lock-step with data strategy to identify the most potent cast members who can embody and amplify a brand message among our desired audience.
- Forensically deconstruct best-in-class brand and social campaigns to extract key learnings that are of critical significance to our brand partners.
- Take meetings with publishers, technologists, event planners, and other culture creators to uncover untapped opportunities for the agency’s client base.
- Proactively contribute industry and discipline thought leadership to colleagues and throughout the agency.
- Manage, nurture, and foster less experienced Talent, ensuring their success and development.
- Work with Business Leadership team to help map brand and business objectives to measurable KPIs
- Subscribe to a constant plan of refinements and updates as new tech, media and consumer insights arise.
- Recognize patterns displayed by provocateurs (both people and brands) that incite action and identify mechanics that can be transferred over to brands looking to elicit similar responses from its audience.
- Become fluent in the cultures our audience subscribes to as well as new media opportunities to influence our partners, platforms, and toolkit additions, sharing emerging opportunities with appropriate teams.
- Demonstrate, evangelize and live the core values of the agency.
- Incorporate the passion, excitement and experience of one’s MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of agencies deliverables.
- Possess and demonstrate a vibrant connection to and fluency in pop culture and brand trends.
- Passion for diving deep into research and data to unearth actionable insights that propel the creative
- Display strong understanding of business concepts and client objectives, enabling you to identify campaign expansion opportunities.
- Possess and deliver strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to present thoughts clearly, accurately, and succinctly.
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity and maturity.
- Possess excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Have the proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle pressure, while consistently paying attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Exercise the ability to quickly and effectively adapt to changing needs and expectations.
- Interest and immersion in new business pitches.
- 4 years experience as a strategist in a creative agency or digital agency environment.
- Know that Time spent in a role DOES NOT = Talent for us; you have to BRING IT.
- 4-year college degree in Marketing, Advertising or Business preferred.
- Digitally savvy; MUST be proficient in Google Suite and Keynote (Mac preferred).