Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission — money without borders — instant, convenient, transparent, and eventually free. We’ve built a market-leading technology product that’s been used by over 5 million people to move money around the world without the rip-off fees charged by the banks. We’re disrupting the world of currency and international money transfer. We are growing rapidly around the world and need to make sure that we have the best setup to support that growth in every region. You will help to shape the future of Wise across the Group.
The Senior Risk Specialist will be responsible to understand the current business practices in terms of Operational Risk Management and translate these into business requirements for the Risk function, coordinate with the Resilience team to get the Wise EU tests and plan performed in coordination with the regulation. The role sits in the second line of defence and reports to Wise Europe Risk Lead in Belgium.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain the enterprise risk framework with a particular focus on automation and the ability to monitor all key domains within the organisation
- Work closely with first line stakeholders to ensure operational risk management policy and procedures are adhered to
- Identify key risk indicators to monitor and control the operational risks to make sure Wise EU operates within the appetite.
- Maintain strong operational risk capabilities and engage with the business on matters related to incident, issues and risks assessments.
- Maintain the input into our Global tool to ensure the monitoring capabilities of the Risk department and the reporting functionality to the Board.
- Lead the efforts in development and oversight of Outsourcing Risks for Wise EU.
- Identify areas for remedial action and potentials for improvement, recommending courses of action to secure continuous improvement
- Contribute to the enhancement of Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for the entity and provides support in testing required for the same;
- Regional risk representation at the group for Operational risks
This role would suit someone who has:
- Experience in mid-level risk management.
- Good understanding of systems, management information, and reporting systems.
- Demonstrated track record of second line of defence independence and challenge/ escalation where concerns are felt.
- Effective in change impact, liaison with other functions.
- Able to get stuff done - we’re a fast growing company and you will need an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive.
- Can work independently and flexibly within a fast-moving environment.
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: 980.000 HUF
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Budapest office
- Flexible working - whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We're proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer's needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.